Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 To Cubase Project Importer - Easy!

If you're working on a Cubasis 3 project on a mobile device and decide you'd like to continue working in Cubase on desktop or laptop, there's an easy, painless way to do it. Here's how.

Comments

• Cubase is doing a 40% off thing right now and I’m intrigued by the Cubasis project importer.

Does anyone know what happens to any tracks made with 3rd party plugins? @Jamie_Mallender ?
    Does it keep the midi data in tact so you can substitute inside Cubase or does it break the file somehow?

IIRC Zenbeats at least tries to open plugins that we might have on both platforms like Bleass or Sitala etc (still have to export and import any custom presets in such plugins but thats a 1st world problem).

• @BirbHope said:
    Cubase is doing a 40% off thing right now and I’m intrigued by the Cubasis project importer.

Does anyone know what happens to any tracks made with 3rd party plugins? @Jamie_Mallender ?
    Does it keep the midi data in tact so you can substitute inside Cubase or does it break the file somehow?

IIRC Zenbeats at least tries to open plugins that we might have on both platforms like Bleass or Sitala etc (still have to export and import any custom presets in such plugins but thats a 1st world problem).

In this video I explain how it’s done. Cubase will open an equivalent of any internal plugins you’re using in Cubasis 3, but any 3rd party stuff is not even attempted. I do have some software on both platforms but Cubase doesn’t even try. All midi and audio remains intact. The only flaw I’ve found is that sometimes, if you’ve done an audio edit and used a fade, the fade will not be the same. It’s odd though, usually they are exactly the same but the occasional one will be completely wrong. I use this option quite a lot because although I swear by iOS recording and most of my work is done that way even though I do have a quality desktop setup, drums are still a huge issue on iOS. Synths, effects, drum machines, guitar amps - no problem, but real acoustic drum sounds are a non-starter at the moment on iOS.

• Waves plugins used to transfer to Cubase desktop projects, but if I remember correctly this was broken for me at some point. I am a Cubase Pro 12 user and use the project importer a lot, and would appreciate further refinements to it.

• @gosnote said:
    Waves plugins used to transfer to Cubase desktop projects, but if I remember correctly this was broken for me at some point. I am a Cubase Pro 12 user and use the project importer a lot, and would appreciate further refinements to it.

Agreed. It’s great to have but, it could be improved.

• edited March 2023

@Jamie_Mallender said:
    I do have some software on both platforms but Cubase doesn’t even try. All midi and audio remains intact.

Thanks for the reply Jamie. This was what I was most curious about. Thank you.
    I did see your vid before I posted but I was a little unclear about what happens to the unsubstituted midi tracks.

• @BirbHope said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:
    I do have some software on both platforms but Cubase doesn’t even try. All midi and audio remains intact.

Thanks for the reply Jamie. This was what I was most curious about. Thank you.
    I did see your vid before I posted but I was a little unclear about what happens to the unsubstituted midi tracks.

Ah. Yeah, it doesn’t do anything. You just get the midi and no plugin.