Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC Pro: IAA node support through Cubasis!

This is definitively what I need to know....now I only need to buy it :-)

Comments

• Ok, so this is the video that sold it to me. Very nice of them to decide to accommodate users who bought the original. Looking forward to it.

• Seems like he's already got an early version of that new Arturia app on his iPad... at least that's my guess for what that mosaic blur hidden IAA app was.

• Really looking forward to this,from the videos iv seen so far it looks like they have most things I look for in a sampler and then some.

• Oh yes!!!

• Still no mention of midi in.....hmmmmmmm........still not convinced......hopeful though....

• Looking good! Love the workflow. Hopefully it will still work with the Quneo template you made:)

• Audio Input only??IF there is a god:please tell me it will NOT only support Audio but IAA Midi/Instrument as well.

• I really like the nondestructive sample chops,suits my workflow as I never have a plan until I start using a sample.I just hope they have a decent file and folder system in place rather then just my sounds.That gets really annoying with a lot of samples.

• Also a way to delete samples internally would be really helpful as well.

• I hate this stupid type of marketing. Just give us a release date! If it's good people buy it anyway.

• My impatient side hates it to,still it's something to look forward to.I hope?

• On 9:36 he mentions something about impc users ,maybe an update to pro version?(my English suck so maybe dreaming...!)

• @Korakios said:

On 9:36 he mentions something about impc users ,maybe an update to pro version?(my English suck so maybe dreaming...!)

He mentions they being able to hook up old iMPC users with something, and to keep a lookout on the news section in the app about it. Perhaps a free copy of Stryke inside Tabletop? ;)

• Maybe a discount ?that would be nice.

• That would be only fair.

...for free if you own both the iPad and the iPhone versions

• We can only hope.I have impc but being honest I can't really see the use for it once pro comes out.

• yeah, it's basically a big upgrate, the old one will just take up space, you can use multiple instances of anything Tabletop-ready, so no point to keeping the old one

• I agree completely,from what iv seen so for I think I can get rid of impc.God knows I could do with the space:-)

• @Egz I agree and is sad, this kind of marketing is for older people.

• @Aphex said:

@Egz I agree and is sad, this kind of marketing is for older people

What would you class as "older people"

• For my kind of work I think to use only iMPC Pro exported to Auria...

• edited June 2014

This looks really really good. They totally nailed IAA. Still missing is MIDI sync and a review of it's internal song mode. I have a feeling it's just a pattern list but I'd be totally fine with that.

Also wonder if it supports the concept of 'kits' like so many other good drum apps. I don't own iMPC but I get the feeling that you can't save/export kits. Is that true?

"There's really no shortage of ways you can use iMPC Pro with other apps on the iPad app ecosystem".

::eyeroll::

@ChrisG said:

@Korakios said:

On 9:36 he mentions something about impc users ,maybe an update to pro version?(my English suck so maybe dreaming...!)

He mentions they being able to hook up old iMPC users with something, and to keep a lookout on the news section in the app about it. Perhaps a free copy of Stryke inside Tabletop? ;)

Maybe a (discounted) IAP to upgrade the original? That'd be mighty sporting of them.

Any guesses on what the digitized out app in the IAA lists is?

• @thinds said:

@Aphex said:

@Egz I agree and is sad, this kind of marketing is for older people

What would you class as "older people"

Stepped right into it, didn't he? :) http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/2785/i-know-your-age-where-are-you-from/p1

• Older people is.... I will tell you that in a few more post. :)

Its a joke, im not good at english (for older mean like slow, like an old marketing strategy )

Remeber the days when News was only at night and now we have something like CNN or in internet twitter or another social networks, well in the past things are slow now are faster.
    Thats why i said old people
    You can see the change of paradigm even in hollywood movies, now we have world releases for that and othe reasons of course, but mainly for the market.
    Like retro and new stuff

• @syrupcore In the Classic MPC language Kits are Programs, any Program contain a set of sample....The thing I must love of this app is the respect to the classic MPC workflow ...

But yes, it need some other thing, like Midi Clock In and Midi Out for other gear, and a better Sampler utility like Time Stretching etc.....but I'm sure that JP and other guys of Retronyms Team add all in next updates, I ask some feature when iMPC came out and now they add all we are ask :-)

• @Sinapsya said:

@syrupcore In the Classic MPC language Kits are Programs, any Program contain a set of sample....The thing I must love of this app is the respect to the classic MPC workflow ...

But yes, it need some other thing, like Midi Clock In and Midi Out for other gear, and a better Sampler utility like Time Stretching etc.....but I'm sure that JP and other guys of Retronyms Team add all in next updates, I ask some feature when iMPC came out and now they add all we are ask :-)

Yeah those features are going to be in iMpc Pro 2 Turbo Edition ;)

• Ah, thanks @sinapsya. So programs are completely independent from songs/tracks?

• @Aphex Keep digging... :)

• Also if you listen to Dan to the end he mention something about a special for the present owners of the IMPC app.

• @syrupcore Yes, Track is Program, Sequence is a Midi Recording of a number of Programs, and Song is a number of sequences all togheter in a kind of order....

And yes, if iMPC Pro works with MPC Element (and you can see it on video) it works for sure with my Quneo template because is the same Midi CC :-)