Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

“Free” CS-80 Emulation

Might be of interest for those who have a desktop/laptop computer and like IK Multimedia.

Comments

• Nice. I will try it.

• What a nightmare of product the IK Multimedia Installer.

You're forced to install Sampletank and the Custom Shop, in addition to Syntronik, to be able to install the CS-80 soundpack.

And while you can select an external drive to install the sound contents, the plugin will forget the location every time that you load a new instance.

I have spent various hours this morning fixing the mess of IK Multimedia. Creating symbolic links to be able to put the libraries in my external drive. And uninstalling all the additional crap, this shit creates tens of folders. And if you're not aware, it will save the installers occupying various GBs in your documents folder.

Also, you should be aware of AudioPlugin.Deals shitty practices. When you register or buy a product, they will mark by default the option of selling your data for promotions. You can deselect this, but in the UE, mark this by default is illegal. What a terrible company!

• @Pynchon said:
    What a nightmare of product the IK Multimedia Installer.

You're forced to install Sampletank and the Custom Shop, in addition to Syntronik, to be able to install the CS-80 soundpack.

I will give it a miss then.

• Yeah it’s not such a big deal if you’re already deep in their ecosystem, but I never installed any of the freebie stuff until I got fully loaded from the group buy thing…

• edited March 2022

Yer remember that rabbit hole last time I downloaded a IK Multimedia freebie they try and off load half of T racks etc. Bitwig went made picking up all these new vst saying they were not authorised. Pushing software that way is not right.

• IKs installation is indeed a bit of a pain in the arse.

It's much less inconvenient for me following the group buy as I have alsmost everything now anyway, but the new "IK Product Manager" app is a buggy mess.

Also if you have older sample libraries, they're often installed in the wrong directory which makes ST4 crash. Putting the samples were they should be makes everything work fine.

I've not had any trouble having my samples installed on an external drive though. Having said that, the Product manager app will throw up an error and require a force quit if the destination drive for the download isn't mounted. It's not the best quality installer that's for sure.

Once it's all installed I actually really like a lot of the IK stuff. It does actually sound really good. I like enough of it to want to keep it around, and ST4 has been a bit of a surprise. I thought I'd hate it and expected it to be as bad as people online tend to say it is but it's actually got some really nice libraries. I'm smitten with the Shipwreck Piano library. I also really like Sampletron. I could live without the Syntronik synths though. They're actually really well done but they're more like a big sample pack than an emulation. They do emulate filters and some other stuff but the main sounds are all sampled and they take up a ton of room and not good if you want to be able to programme your patches from scratch. The presets load a bit slowly too being sample based (much improved in the latest ST4 though -- M1 support + better streaming makes a big difference). I prefer emulations to sample packs for synths but they’re not bad and the included fx are really good.

I can understand the frustration with IK. If their online pitbull PR guy gets involved in forum discussions things turn messy very quickly. They don't like criticism, but do nothing about what pisses people off the most which is easy for them to do -- Just give an option to install demos for everything but default to asking what to install and then install just that. That's not a difficult thing to do from a programming perspective.

TLDR

It's worth at least getting the serial number and not redeeming it with IK yet. You might even be able to use it in a future group buy.