Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatsurfing 2

The good news. There is a new version out with the new pricing model.

The bad news. It the purchase button is non responsive. iPad 9.

The good news. The acoustic kit sounds pretty good and is great fun to play.

Comments

• So they seen some sense and copied Loopy Pro, Bitwig model aka 12 month plan, keep app at the end of it.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    So they seen some sense and copied Loopy Pro, Bitwig model aka 12 month plan, keep app at the end of it.

Yeah he'd made a post saying he had phoned the guy from loopy to discuss the model. Great business move

• what is the new pricing structure.? i’m on my iphone, and can’t see it in the app store.

• Only 9 year old videos on YouTube
    Is this like KRFT ?

• Anyone know where the option in the app is to purchase?

• @Gdub said:
    Only 9 year old videos on YouTube
    Is this like KRFT ?

https://youtube.com/shorts/J2uQ6wbCVPc?feature=share

• @eross
    Thanks
    Looks like fun
    Acts like KRFT, god I used to love that app
    Gonna fire up iPad later and check it out
    What’s the price, on iPhone at the moment
    Glad they moved away from subscription

• Hey there, Erik here from BEATSURFING. The payment button should be fixed asap, we made a mistake and when the new app version was approved by apple we sent it to the store. But we missed that the in-app purchase wasn't yet approved :( which of course, we noticed a few minutes after it went live. We filled out an "emergency review" form so hopefully, that will be fixed today by apple.

On KRFT, that is very much an app that took inspiration from us, as the original BEATSURFING launched in 2012, and KRFT in 2017.

You can check out some of our videos from the new app on our new youtube channel, or check out our old channel with OG beatsurfing and Playground videos.

The in-app purchase hopefully will be online today, but there are loads you can do for free without it for now.

But to summarize pricing:

• Free install and use of the software with access to 5 editable instruments.
    • A one-time In-App Purchase to unlock permanently and keep forever all the current features and instruments available and all the future ones added in the following 12 months.

And what we are working on

• Looper with multiple layers
    • AUV3 Host
    • AUV3 Plug-in
    • Customize and design interactions between instruments
    • Midi In (play with external controller)
    • Melody based instruments
    • More visual customization
    • Additional effects and filters
    • New instruments every month

Let me know what you guys think, and if you run into any bugs or issues. Also if you have any features you would like let me know here or email [email protected]

THANKS!

• What is the actual pricing in dollars?

• @Erik_Beatsurfing said:
    Hey there, Erik here from BEATSURFING. The payment button should be fixed asap, we made a mistake and when the new app version was approved by apple we sent it to the store. But we missed that the in-app purchase wasn't yet approved :( which of course, we noticed a few minutes after it went live. We filled out an "emergency review" form so hopefully, that will be fixed today by apple.

On KRFT, that is very much an app that took inspiration from us, as the original BEATSURFING launched in 2012, and KRFT in 2017.

You can check out some of our videos from the new app on our new youtube channel, or check out our old channel with OG beatsurfing and Playground videos.

The in-app purchase hopefully will be online today, but there are loads you can do for free without it for now.

• A one-time In-App Purchase to unlock permanently and keep forever all the current features and instruments available and all the future ones added in the following 12 months.

• AUV3 Host
    • AUV3 Plug-in

Let me know what you guys think, and if you run into any bugs or issues. Also if you have any features you would like let me know here or email [email protected]

THANKS!

wil this be able to be used eventually as a IAA instrument in Aum or another host to be used in conjunction with other apps and effects. i tried the other day with the old version, and i did t pop up in AUM.
    that could be fun

• @Jumpercollins said:
    What is the actual pricing in dollars?

$29.99

@eross said:
    wil this be able to be used eventually as a IAA instrument in Aum or another host to be used in conjunction with other apps and effects. i tried the other day with the old version, and i did t pop up in AUM.
    that could be fun

AUv3 is our priority for sure. I think that Inter-app audio is no longer supported by apple anymore (I could be wrong).

But to answer your question from another thread, implementing multi-out audio would be great and once we have Auv3 implemented with our engine, it will be much easier to add that in after.

@Jumpercollins said:
    What is the actual pricing in dollars?

$29.99

@eross said:
    that could be fun

AUv3 is our priority for sure. I think that Inter-app audio is no longer supported by apple anymore (I could be wrong).

But to answer your question from another thread, implementing multi-out audio would be great and once we have Auv3 implemented with our engine, it will be much easier to add that in after.

excellent, i’m gonna buy it as soon as the update comes through. thanks

• edited February 2022

Cheers @Erik_Beatsufing spotted the price on FB.

• Right on @Erik_Beatsurfing cheers to the new pricing model and your continued success. I'd hate to see this vanish like KRFT and the OG Beatsurfing

Beatsurfing is the kind of interface the ipad touchscreen excels at

• @Erik_Beatsurfing Any videos out yet showing the app off to the max if we buy in?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @Erik_Beatsurfing Any videos out yet showing the app off to the max if we buy in?

Not yet, our launch video should be done in the next few days. I did set up an instrument page, where you can see each instrument we have created so far. There are explainer videos on a few of them.

http://www.beatsurfing.com/instruments/

We have been shooting how-to and examples all last two weeks, more to come for sure.

There are a couple of small snippets on the youtube channel, including one with myself and some guys scratching (I'm the dude on the left)

@Jumpercollins said:
    @Erik_Beatsurfing Any videos out yet showing the app off to the max if we buy in?

Not yet, our launch video should be done in the next few days. I did set up an instrument page, where you can see each instrument we have created so far. There are explainer videos on a few of them.

http://www.beatsurfing.com/instruments/

We have been shooting how-to and examples all last two weeks, more to come for sure.

There are a couple of small snippets on the youtube channel, including one with myself and some guys scratching (I'm the dude on the left)

Love the video, excellent cuts :)

• I think this is a good pricing model and the entry price for the « base pack » is fair. Of course, we pay for a promise of delivery. I hope the AUv3 plugin will be available soon as I would like to integrate this into my ecosystem

• edited February 2022

@Jumpercollins said:

I know it may not be what you’re looking for, but worth checking out imho, even if you’re not into hip-hop. You can get a vague idea of some of the instrument’s features.

https://instagram.com/beatsurfing

@audiblevideo said:
    Right on @Erik_Beatsurfing cheers to the new pricing model and your continued success. I'd hate to see this vanish like KRFT and the OG Beatsurfing

Beatsurfing is the kind of interface the ipad touchscreen excels at

+100% My heart was broken twice with OG Beatsurfing and KRFT disappearing.

@eross said:
    what is the new pricing structure.? i’m on my iphone, and can’t see it in the app store.

Even tho it wasn’t mentioned in the roadmap posted above, he or somebody else from the team told me iPhone and Android is also on the roadmap too at some point, maybe just not priority?

@Gdub said:
    @eross
    Thanks
    Looks like fun
    Acts like KRFT, god I used to love that app
    Gonna fire up iPad later and check it out
    What’s the price, on iPhone at the moment
    Glad they moved away from subscription

KRFT was great fun, but I also used to torment myself to try and get it to behave like OG beatsurfing🤣

@Erik_Beatsurfing
    I appreciate how much thought was put into the instruments. I had spent some time with just the shake5 instrument alone, simply because it seemed to be using more than the 5 samples…then I realized it appears to have velocity baked into an invisible XY when tapping instead of swiping, and also the border in conjunction with the XY velocity re-entry. Most creative!!

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the actions a bit. It appears they are baked into each instrument, unlike adding them on OG BS.
    But in Shake5 in particular, the layers tab, there is a box, Action Out. My options are direct and quantize. Direct seems simply not quantized? I feel like it may be something more.
    Also, If I tap on Stop Action In, nothing happens. I’m guessing a drop down will only propagate if there is another particular type of instrument which would be compatible with that action?

• [Edit] Fixed BS2 Instagram link

• @Erik_Beatsurfing Hi, first I must say it's an amazing app and will buy it acturely. But could you check the problem that will crash on iPad Pro M1? It's too often, always I just play one or two minutes it will crash....I'm on iOS 15.3.1~

• @RotenLA said:
    @Erik_Beatsurfing Hi, first I must say it's an amazing app and will buy it acturely. But could you check the problem that will crash on iPad Pro M1? It's too often, always I just play one or two minutes it will crash....I'm on iOS 15.3.1~

I believe they are aware of this one.

• @RotenLA said:
    @Erik_Beatsurfing Hi, first I must say it's an amazing app and will buy it acturely. But could you check the problem that will crash on iPad Pro M1? It's too often, always I just play one or two minutes it will crash....I'm on iOS 15.3.1~

Yep we are on it,I think your experiencing the biggest crash problem we have right now on some devices. The devs figured out two major crash issues this week and we just submitted a fix to the app store for them.

Also should fix the purchase screen in that release. I will update once it goes live, hopefully in the next day (one apple review).

Thanks for letting us know and let you know more once the devs respond to my questions :)

Hey there, Erik here from BEATSURFING. The payment button should be fixed asap, we made a mistake and when the new app version was approved by apple we sent it to the store. But we missed that the in-app purchase wasn't yet approved :( which of course, we noticed a few minutes after it went live. We filled out an "emergency review" form so hopefully, that will be fixed today by apple.

• AUV3 Host
    • AUV3 Plug-in

THANKS!

Is there going to be a free trial for the full version? I understand if not, but at that price ($29.99) I’d like to try out the full version for a week if possible.

• What's the difference between OG Beatsurfing and Playground?

I'm a fan of Playground so it's great to see Playground + deep editor.

I'd love to be able to export the maps I paid for in PG and import them into BS2. Any chance?

• @Erik_Beatsurfing Sorry but the unlock link still doesn't work. I thought that was the easy part?

• Yes can confirm still no unlock after the update. Apple really mess with devs some days !

• @Ailerom said:
    @Erik_Beatsurfing Sorry but the unlock link still doesn't work. I thought that was the easy part?

@Jumpercollins said:
    Yes can confirm still no unlock after the update. Apple really mess with devs some days !

Hey guys, it seems to be working fine for us on most test devices since this morning's update. But I did have an issue on an iPad mini 4, ios 12.5, where it worked the first time I tried, but then stopped working (the button was grey instead of bright white). I removed and reinstalled the app, then it worked.

It seems like a bug, have reported it, and let me know if the reinstall works for you, and what device you're on.

THANKS!

• @Erik_Beatsurfing iPad Pro 9.7 latest iOS. All I get is this.

Can’t open the unlock button.