Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iConnectivity AUDIO4c & AUM, routing audio out for reamping

Hi guys,

So I have been losing my mind recently trying to work out what I am doing wrong in order to successfully re-amp audio from my Ipad Pro (using Koala & Aum) to my hardware fx pedals and back in using my iConnectivity AUDIO4c's outputs 3/4.

I have managed to set up a chain where I can send audio out and back in. My problem is the feedback loop it is creating, I cant seem to close the loop and have both the newly effected signal and orginal playback at the same time.

I suspect that output 3 signal, which i am routing the audio out to pedals, is feeding back into the inputs and back out outputs 1/2 then back out to output 3 also, creating a feedback loop. I cant for the life of me work out how to stop the loop and still be able to hear both signals.

Has anyone covered this in any tutorials or anything, I havnt found anything relevant.

Any ideas or solutions would be much appreciated

Comments

• edited February 2022

Connect the pedal output from hardware inputs 3+4 to a virtual channel pair (f.e. 7+8) and use that in AUM as your standard hardware return.
    Remove any other connections of input 3+4, so it’s only connected to the 7+8 pair.

Then you can add the pedal on channel 7+8 in an AUM routing at any location without side effects.
    (iirc the default routing has physical in/out 3+4 connected to a bunch of locations)