Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Juiced / Album 45

edited February 2022 in Creations

Just the latest collection. Lots of EP. Zeitgeist’22 was a breakthrough orchestral track for me. Thought I really got the strings down.

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/juiced

Comments

• No comments … wow it’s a tough crowd out there…
    my top three tracks are Rome for its Chariots of Fire meets Tubular Bells feel, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, lovely pace and the brass is fantastic (better than on Zeitgeist I think although as you say you nailed the strings) and Juiced for its upbeat feel and drive.

• edited February 2022

@GeoTony said:
    No comments … wow it’s a tough crowd out there…
    my top three tracks are Rome for its Chariots of Fire meets Tubular Bells feel, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, lovely pace and the brass is fantastic (better than on Zeitgeist I think although as you say you nailed the strings) and Juiced for its upbeat feel and drive.

Haha! Yeah...an album can be a tough ask, these days, given how many places our attentions are being pulled towards. I'm listening now. Will offer some thoughts, later.

• Ok. Wasn't really expecting this...which is nice.

Some fantastic moments to be found within. Standout tracks for me are 'I Sing The Piano Electric', 'The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter' and 'Downtown Euphoria'. Also enjoyed 'Zeitgeist' a lot (Would be interesting to hear a whole album of more orchestral-based stuff). Really curious where those string sounds came from.

Man, you're prolific! Gonna listen to some more. Any ideas for a desert-island pick? ;)

• edited February 2022

Thanks very much for keeping on with these @GeoTony. Yes, a tough crowd, but I love them. Zeitgeist was from May of last year. My ability with brass and sax has improved recently. Just practice, I guess,

Thanks for taking the time to listen @el_bo. I see you’re a pretty new member, so let me say welcome
    and explain that I post so much stuff that folks are up to their ears in it, At its heart this is a tech forum, they just kindly tolerate us creatives. Anyway I post all my tracks as I finish as part of my workflow… so, anyone who is interested has already heard it all.

Here are several albums worth listening to, IMHO.

These two are compilations of my best stuff from 2018-2021. One acoustic and one synth centric

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/encore

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/essential-synths

I also recommend Pictures At A Planetarium. It was my first themed album based on Holst’s “The Planets”

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/pictures-at-a-planetarium-2

And for a five movement, totally orchestral work, Synthony #1. @rs2000 kindly remastered it for me cause it was early on and my production skills were not that good, but the musical content and form has some merit. Everything is always improvised.

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/synthony-1

Well, you’re probably sorry you asked!

The string sounds in Zeitgeist are from ISymphonic and SWAM Double Bass, btw.

• edited February 2022

@LinearLineman said:
    Thanks very much for keeping on with these @GeoTony. Yes, a tough crowd, but I love them. Zeitgeist was from May of last year. My ability with brass and sax has improved recently. Just practice, I guess,

Thanks for taking the time to listen @el_bo. I see you’re a pretty new member, so let me say welcome
    and explain that I post so much stuff that folks are up to their ears in it, At its heart this is a tech forum, they just kindly tolerate us creatives. Anyway I post all my tracks as I finish as part of my workflow… so, anyone who is interested has already heard it all.

Here are several albums worth listening to, IMHO.

These two are compilations of my best stuff from 2018-2021. One acoustic and one synth centric

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/encore

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/essential-synths

I also recommend Pictures At A Planetarium. It was my first themed album based on Holst’s “The Planets”

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/pictures-at-a-planetarium-2

And for a five movement, totally orchestral work, Synthony #1. @rs2000 kindly remastered it for me cause it was early on and my production skills were not that good, but the musical content and form has some merit. Everything is always improvised.

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/synthony-1

Well, you’re probably sorry you asked!

The string sounds in Zeitgeist are from ISymphonic and SWAM Double Bass, btw.

Hey man! Thanks for the welcome. Definitely a noob.

And thanks for the list of recommendations. Will go through it at a leisurely pace, and come back to share thoughts...if you're interested :)

Would like to think that I'll eventually get it together to hang with the creatives. I'm currently a little overwhelmed trying to get to grips with this new way of working. But hopefully I can get to a point of sharing pretty soon, even if just WIP's. Seems like a fine little space for creatives, so all's good.

• edited February 2022

@el_bo, sure, I’d love to hear your thoughts/feeling about my stuff. Glad you’re aboard. One thing about ABF members, aside from the huge amount of knowledge they have, is that no question goes unanswered and there are no snarky put downs like you might see elsewhere.

So ask for any help you might need. You’re sure to feel the generosity of spirit here. That has def been my experience. Look forward to hearing stuff from you when you’re ready. Regards, Mike

And thanks for the kind words @CapnWillie. Glad Dago is doing what he loves and might be listening to my stuff as he does it.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @el_bo, sure, I’d love to hear your thoughts/feeling about my stuff. Glad you’re aboard. One thing about ABF members, aside from the huge amount of knowledge they have, is that no question goes unanswered and there are no snarky put downs like you might see elsewhere.

So ask for any help you might need. You’re sure to feel the generosity of spirit here. That has def been my experience. Look forward to hearing stuff from you when you’re ready. Regards, Mike

And thanks for the kind words @CapnWillie. Glad Dago is doing what he loves and might be listening to my stuff as he does it.

Thanks!

I'm trying to reign in my itch to ask questions; at least until I've had a good try working it out for myself. But I'm also conscious of not wanting to waste a lot of time, re-inventing wheels and re-treading mistakes that a this point are well know within the community to avoid. I'm sure I'll work out how to strike that balance.

And this place does feel very open and generous. And even a current debate regarding a certain DAW's feature-requests has not elevated above the level of 'spirited'. Certainly makes a change from hanging around on Twitter (Something thankfully I've all but stopped).

• Not got around to diving into the above list, yet. But so far my favourite track of yours is 'Love At Lost'. Listened enough times that I'd have to buy it to listen any more. I may very well do that, at some point :)

Thanks for the music.

• Thanks @el_bo. I listened to Love At Lost again (I honestly can’t remember most of my tracks till I hear the beginnings again) and, indeed, it sounded pretty good.

Lol, I just started charging a couple of albums ago. You missed the sale! But 42 albums are still free… including the ones I recommended, I think. 😉😎🙏

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @el_bo. I listened to Love At Lost again (I honestly can’t remember most of my tracks till I hear the beginnings again) and, indeed, it sounded pretty good.

Lol, I just started charging a couple of albums ago. You missed the sale! But 42 albums are still free… including the ones I recommended, I think. 😉😎🙏

Well, 42 is the magic number but I'm not sure that mean i'll listen to all 42 ;) Nor am I' likely to buy entire albums. But I might end up getting a little compilation together, and at some point buy those specific tracks.

• SkyDive is my favorite.

• edited February 2022

Thanks @Paulieworld. Yeah, SkYDive is the most swinging for sure. I appreciate the long listen.

@el_bo I’d like to know what you line up, if you do.

• @LinearLineman “All Zapped Up” is awesome! The only way I can describe it is Gamelan Christmas…

• Thanks for listening @JoyceRoadStudios. The title is a bit of a misnomer, but I’m glad you liked it. Hope all is well and you’re on the road again. 🙏😎