Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tonality chord AUV3 midi learn? + Chordpolypad question

edited January 2022 in App Tips and Tricks

Tonality manual mention chord AUV3 capability to be triggered by midi using midi learn button in settings. I can’t find this one. Do I miss something?

Comments

• About Chordpolypad, can you set specific note to trigger pad? Like midi learn or manually? Or is it fixed note?

• Click this and press the key you want to use to trigger that pad

• edited January 2022

@ronnieb said:

Click this and press the key you want to use to trigger that pad

Nice many thanks, that one wasn’t documented properly it seems?

Tonality chord AUV3 does strumming? Only found random velocity which is quite nice.

Has anybody tried both Tonality chord AUV3 and Chorpolypad? How do they compare?

• @Janosax said:

@ronnieb said:

Click this and press the key you want to use to trigger that pad

Nice many thanks, that one wasn’t documented properly it seems?

Tonality chord AUV3 does strumming? Only found random velocity which is quite nice.

Has anybody tried both Tonality chord AUV3 and Chorpolypad? How do they compare?

It’s at the end of the manual in the app (under quickassign) but yeah it can be easy to miss as there is no picture with it.
    Honestly the whole app is super deep and updated constantly so I imagine the documentation side is quite difficult. The dev is really helpful and responsive though so if you have issues, it’s definitely worth dropping them an email. They are active on the forum too @TonalityApp

Can’t speak for Chordpolypad (I love StepPolyArp though) because tonality has ticked all of my boxes atm

• Just answered via email but it looks like @ronnieb already covered it here, thanks!

Yeah, keeping up with the manual is difficult for one person. I’ve instead made a tutorial mode within the app which allows you to tap on any button and learn what it does. You can access it by going into the app settings and tapping the question mark, or by holding down on any of the tabs at the bottom of the screen.

As far as the strumming, it’s just the button two spots to the right of the midi learn circled above! Tap it once to see a big strum bar which lets you strum the currently held chord pad, or hold down on it (so the pads “wiggle”) and tap a pad to enable strumming for that pad only.

• @TonalityApp said:
    Just answered via email but it looks like @ronnieb already covered it here, thanks!

Yeah, keeping up with the manual is difficult for one person. I’ve instead made a tutorial mode within the app which allows you to tap on any button and learn what it does. You can access it by going into the app settings and tapping the question mark, or by holding down on any of the tabs at the bottom of the screen.

As far as the strumming, it’s just the button two spots to the right of the midi learn circled above! Tap it once to see a big strum bar which lets you strum the currently held chord pad, or hold down on it (so the pads “wiggle”) and tap a pad to enable strumming for that pad only.

Many thanks for both answers mail and here, it works really well great AUV3 it will be so much useful!! Is there also some automatic strumming? What I’m searching for is to play chord with one midi note and having slightly different timings for each chord notes for more natural timing? Edit : attack randomizer, amazing lol again great app!! ;)