Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Really need to upgrade

edited January 2022 in Creations

Working on a tasty & nasty AUM inDUBstrial track within AUM and only have

• vocal loop
  • 2 FRMS
  • 1 Digistix
  • 1 hammerhead
  • Masterbus

And clip city here and there. Enough where I can’t hit record. Got the buffer on 2048.

I could probably switch the FF master with Toneboosters apps to bring down the DSP.

Just frustrating and a huge writing block for me. Sorry —- vent //

Abusing : 2018 Pro with 32gb 🥲

Comments

• I’m still on an iPad 2. It has definitely forced me to approach creating and recording differently. My instruments or samples are just a few or less.

I create three different Aum sessions per project:

• One session for recording midi/sequencing with any FX pertaining to sound design (compression and spatial, filters ), and then I bounce each track
    • next session is for mixing and automation. Each track goes into a file player. I do my buss multiband compression if needed and Eqing. I’ll use MIDI Mixer for fader automation or whatever. Bounce the master.
    • Create one more session for mastering
  • So, I’m not sure what 2018 Pro you have that has 32GB, but none were manufactured. Maybe you are using a different model? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201471

I could never deal with a buffer that large. My air 2 struggles I think I need to replace that one soon enough.

• @iOSTRAKON . Have you tried a smaller buffer size, 1024, 512? Wondering if more work might get higher performance cores involved.

• @uncledave said:
    @iOSTRAKON . Have you tried a smaller buffer size, 1024, 512? Wondering if more work might get higher performance cores involved.

I have an iPad 6th gen, and have found from time to time that I get fewer spikes and crackling at 1024 than at 2048. I suspect some apps don’t get on with 2048, but I have no hard evidence. So it’s definitely worth trying 1024 if you haven’t already.

• The 2018 Pro is still a beast. That’s what I have, and I never run out of power. Sounds like something is up with yours. Full storage, maybe?

• Airplane mode could be a good thing to do too, if feasible.

• @bygjohn said:

@uncledave said:
    @iOSTRAKON . Have you tried a smaller buffer size, 1024, 512? Wondering if more work might get higher performance cores involved.

I have an iPad 6th gen, and have found from time to time that I get fewer spikes and crackling at 1024 than at 2048. I suspect some apps don’t get on with 2048, but I have no hard evidence. So it’s definitely worth trying 1024 if you haven’t already.

There are definitely some apps and plugins that don’t behave well at 2048

• I’m also on iPad 6gn i think, 9.7 l” getting pretty slow but still hanging in there. I can run some apps but not all smoothly. Bit it forces me to use less, which sometimes is more.🙏👍🏼🎸