Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nembrini (Change amp channel via midi?)

I’m using 1 instance of Nembrini Cali in Loopy Pro. I would like to switch between two amp settings with my MC8. I don’t see an obvious way to do much in Nembrini via midi. Am I missing something? Or should I just use multiple instances?

Comments

• @joshelliott said:
    I’m using 1 instance of Nembrini Cali in Loopy Pro. I would like to switch between two amp settings with my MC8. I don’t see an obvious way to do much in Nembrini via midi. Am I missing something? Or should I just use multiple instances?

It doesn’t seem to have midi control at all. Effect parameters are exposed (including preset loading) via effect parameters. I don’t see a channel switch in the parameters though.

@JoyceRoadStudios : thoughts?

• edited January 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@joshelliott said:

It doesn’t seem to have midi control at all. Effect parameters are exposed (including preset loading) via effect parameters. I don’t see a channel switch in the parameters though.

There’s a “Bluetooth midi” option inside the upper left Audio Setting menu of every Nembrini. I don’t know if it works or what it exposes, I’ve never tried it.

As far as I know, the way to midi control Nembrini is through host apps like AUM. Whatever midi params AUM (or another host) exposes, that’s what you can map. All this to say, if there’s no way to midi map something as simple as a preset change in the amp, that’s pretty tragic.

• edited January 2022

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@espiegel123 said:

@joshelliott said:

There’s a “Bluetooth midi” option inside the upper left Audio Setting menu of every Nembrini. I don’t know if it works or what it exposes, I’ve never tried it.

As far as I know, the way to midi control Nembrini is through host apps like AUM. Whatever midi params AUM (or another host) exposes, that’s what you can map. All this to say, if there’s no way to midi map something as simple as a preset change in the amp, that’s pretty tragic.

Preset change is exposed but it doesnt look like A/B Channel Switching is. [EDIT: there is a channel selection AU parameter]

• @espiegel123 said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@espiegel123 said:

@joshelliott said:

Preset change is exposed but it doesnt look like A/B Channel Switching is.

I looked again. There is a Channel Selection AU parameter.

• edited January 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@espiegel123 said:

@joshelliott said:

Well for those who are accustomed to playing a real amp with 2/3 channels and switching channels with a footswitch, that’s too bad. But preset change can be exactly the same thing so long as you have meticulously planned your presets to act like amp channel switching. So it’s the same thing, just a different workflow/mindset

Edit: @espiegel123 nevermind!

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@espiegel123 said:

@joshelliott said:

Well for those who are accustomed to playing a real amp with 2/3 channels and switching channels with a footswitch, that’s too bad. But preset change can be exactly the same thing so long as you have meticulously planned your presets to act like amp channel switching. So it’s the same thing, just a different workflow/mindset.

OOPS! I looked again and there isn't a control for switching between the A/B settings. The AU parameter switches between the amps channels. And the preset selection looks like it is AUM switching the exposed presets...not the Nembrini itself.

Loopy Pro may not have that yet.

• The only way I see in Loopy Pro is to midi learn all the settings of the amp in two separate configurations. That’s too much work. I just decided to use two instances and toggle between them. It’s pretty light on the CPU

• @joshelliott said:
    The only way I see in Loopy Pro is to midi learn all the settings of the amp in two separate configurations. That’s too much work. I just decided to use two instances and toggle between them. It’s pretty light on the CPU

I think that's the best solution unfortunately. And better than preset switching -- the Nembrini's are prone to making ugly noises when switching presets.

• “Ugly noises?” Damn, now you’re going to inspire the Nuvo-Death Metal crowd! 😛