Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quick Nembrini BG Extasy Improv

Exploring touch of the BG Extasy

Comments

• Wow! Nice demonstration of the touch characteristics with the Extasy.

Whey type of guitar/pickups were you using? Any IRs, or just the stock ones

• @SNystrom said:
    Wow! Nice demonstration of the touch characteristics with the Extasy.

Thanks for listening!

The guitar is a mid-70s Ibanez Artist prototype that I picked up used in high school. My understanding is a sales rep left it at the store and never came back for it after Ibanez decided not to put the model into production. Ibanez was still transitioning from only making Gibson and Fender knockoffs.

I used the neck pickup which is a Seymour Duncan alnico 2 humbucker. I used one of the built-in IRs #21 which I think is a Bogner 4*12.

I usually don't use the built-in ones but decided to put some time into exploring them.

• Hey @espiegel123 ! That's a short but extremely useful demo 👍🏻. This sim seems to break up in a very natural way 🥰 !

Even if I more than enjoy listening to @flo26's demos, I can't really ear what benefit of the apps he uses I could make of ; his musicality and mastery just blows far away the "tech side of the demo" and simply "intimidate" me, and make myself think : "well... I'm too many leagues under to even hope reaching 1/100 of this tone" 😅

So, I've been on the fence for this amp sim since it has been launched, but now, I'm sold and will definitely pick it up when it will be back on sale.

• @Gratouilli said:
    Hey @espiegel123 ! That's a short but extremely useful demo 👍🏻. This sim seems to break up in a very natural way 🥰 !

Even if I more than enjoy listening to @flo26's demos, I can't really ear what benefit of the apps he uses I could make of ; his musicality and mastery just blows far away the "tech side of the demo" and simply "intimidate" me, and make myself think : "well... I'm too many leagues under to even hope reaching 1/100 of this tone" 😅

So, I've been on the fence for this amp sim since it has been launched, but now, I'm sold and will definitely pick it up when it will be back on sale.

Sorry and glad to hear that @Gratouilli😉.
    I totally see what you mean+I must confess that I'm not a tutorial guy.
    Anyway,thanks a lot for your kind words!
    Much appreciated !
    Flo

• edited January 2022

@Gratouilli said:
    Hey @espiegel123 ! That's a short but extremely useful demo 👍🏻. This sim seems to break up in a very natural way 🥰 !

The BG Extasy may be the most versatile Nembrini of them all. Great cleans, a vintage toggle for a low gain Plexi voice (it’s unbelievable), the legendary blue channel for flagship hard rock tone, all the way to channel 3 for highest gain. This one is a Swiss Army knife tweaker’s dream, countless toggles and knobs across 3 channels. With this one it helps to read the manual, unless you already know all the ins and outs of the actual Bogner it’s based on. The feature set in the sim was faithfully recreated.

Great stuff @espiegel123

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    The BG Extasy may be the most versatile Nembrini of them all. Great cleans, a vintage toggle for a low gain Plexi voice (it’s unbelievable), the legendary blue channel for flagship hard rock tone, all the way to channel 3 for highest gain. This one is a Swiss Army knife tweaker’s dream, countless toggles and knobs across 3 channels. With this one it helps to read the manual, unless you already know all the ins and outs of the actual Bogner it’s based on. The feature set in the sim was faithfully recreated.

Great stuff @espiegel123

Yes, thanks a lot for that demo, @espiegel123. I’ve been reluctant to try Loopy Pro for fear of getting lost in another learning curve but perhaps it’s worth it.

@JoyceRoadStudios I’ve been on a Nembrini-only diet lately and the BG Extasy is such an inspiring and useful amp sim. Perhaps my favorite, although I can’t help playing regularly through the VoiceDC30, BST100, and Sound Master. I’d be thrilled if they would model a smaller, lower powered amp for a change.

• @espiegel123 said:

@SNystrom said:

Thanks for listening!

The guitar is a mid-70s Ibanez Artist prototype that I picked up used in high school. My understanding is a sales rep left it at the store and never came back for it after Ibanez decided not to put the model into production. Ibanez was still transitioning from only making Gibson and Fender knockoffs.

I used the neck pickup which is a Seymour Duncan alnico 2 humbucker. I used one of the built-in IRs #21 which I think is a Bogner 4*12.

I usually don't use the built-in ones but decided to put some time into exploring them.

Wow! As a child I lusted for an Artist like the one Stevie “Guitar” Miller used to play! Do you have pix of it? Also, is the Seymour Duncan original — or did you add it later?

• @SNystrom said:

@espiegel123 said:

@SNystrom said:

Thanks for listening!

Wow! As a child I lusted for an Artist like the one Stevie “Guitar” Miller used to play! Do you have pix of it? Also, is the Seymour Duncan original — or did you add it later?

The neck pickup was added a couple of years ago (replacing the 70’s pickup that had been in it). I got the guitar in ‘76 or ‘77. I am not 100% sure, but I think a high school friend of mine that was a whiz guitar tech put a Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio Super Distortion in it shortly after I got it because he thought they were better than whatever were stock.

The reason for replacing the neck pickup is that one of the two little switches that my friend added 40 years ago were acting up and needed replacing. The guitar tech mentioned that the neck pickup’s output was 1/2 what it should be and on the way to dying completely (not uncommon after 40+ years).

• @Schmotown said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

Great stuff @espiegel123

Yes, thanks a lot for that demo, @espiegel123. I’ve been reluctant to try Loopy Pro for fear of getting lost in another learning curve but perhaps it’s worth it.

@JoyceRoadStudios I’ve been on a Nembrini-only diet lately and the BG Extasy is such an inspiring and useful amp sim. Perhaps my favorite, although I can’t help playing regularly through the VoiceDC30, BST100, and Sound Master. I’d be thrilled if they would model a smaller, lower powered amp for a change.

The BG Extasy might be the most versatile sim there is. It can get such a huge variety of tones and distortion levels. I haven’t explored it nearly enough.

Loopy Pro can be used quite simply as a simple recorder without delving into any complexity. While one can go deep, one doesn’t have to. It is probably worth spending 20 minutes to learn what the various controls do and to look at the options are.

It is great as an idea catcher.

• @SNystrom : the story I heard was that Ibanez crafted a number of prototypes and took them to various stars to try them out and get feedback to see if they would endorse them. I think this may have been one of several shown to Santana who wanted a double-cutaway. It is very heavy. Solid mahogany with maybe a maple top.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @SNystrom : the story I heard was that Ibanez crafted a number of prototypes and took them to various stars to try them out and get feedback to see if they would endorse them. I think this may have been one of several shown to Santana who wanted a double-cutaway. It is very heavy. Solid mahogany with maybe a maple top.

Very cool! Thanks for the pix and the back story. I had forgotten Santana played something other than PRS guitars. I believe at that time he was using a Yamaha SG-2000 — which looked very similar to the Ibanez Artist. From what I’ve read, Carlos was very particular regarding every detail of his guitars. I imagine he would drive most luthiers nuts! The people at Yamaha gave him a guitar to try and he made a list of all the things he disliked about it. The revisions included the weight being too light, lacking enough sustain, and he wanted a 24 fret neck instead of a 22 fret neck. It had a crazy Buddha inlay, too.

It’s funny you also mentioned the DiMarzio Super Distortion Humbuckers. Those were huge back then and they were my wish list pups — mostly because Ace Fehley used them.

• Nice demo, and the guitar and its backstory is even better. 👍