Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

-=Edward Alexander and the Loopy Pro Band=-

2»

Comments

• @Gravitas said:
    @Edward_Alexander

Do you know how many shout outs you’re getting from Imaginando on FB?
    Loads.

Go have a look on their FB page if you’re on FB.

No, really? I had no idea.

Guess I’ll have to log into FB (which I’ve been doing a great job of avoiding!)

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@Gravitas said:
    @Edward_Alexander

Loads.

They’ve posted up a few of your pieces where you’ve been using VS.
    I thought you knew.

If you’ve been avoiding it no worries.
    This should do it instead.

Oh,…by the way as a music promoter and Artist
    I always keep an eye out for fellow Artists and their work.

• @Gravitas said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Gravitas said:
    @Edward_Alexander

Loads.

They’ve posted up a few of your pieces where you’ve been using VS.
    I thought you knew.

If you’ve been avoiding it no worries.
    This should do it instead.

Oh,…by the way as a music promoter and Artist
    I always keep an eye out for fellow Artists and their work.

Thanks @Gravitas! (Sorry, I thought I posted this a month ago!)

Still haven’t been on Facebook, but I’m happy to hear some of my stuff is being shared out there in the wild. I do see their posts on Twitter occasionally.

Been very busy lately with life, work, and family stuff. Haven’t had time to upload anything that I feel like is finished lately, though I have like 30 something projects cooking.

This is one I was playing with earlier today, using the latest VS - Visual Synthesizer beta update. This was my first time trying the built in video recorder in VS (instead of just using screen capture) and also using the audio file player to create visuals reacting to the audio only. (No MIDI sent to VS this time).

• @Edward_Alexander said:

Thanks @Gravitas! (Sorry, I thought I posted this a month ago!)

Still haven’t been on Facebook, but I’m happy to hear some of my stuff is being shared out there in the wild. I do see their posts on Twitter occasionally.

It’s better that you’re not on Facebook.
    It’s a media storm at the moment and not in a good way for obvious reasons.

Been very busy lately with life, work, and family stuff. Haven’t had time to upload anything that I feel like is finished lately, though I have like 30 something projects cooking.

That’s a good focus.
    Music is always cooking which is also a good thing.

This is one I was playing with earlier today, using the latest VS - Visual Synthesizer beta update. This was my first time trying the built in video recorder in VS (instead of just using screen capture) and also using the audio file player to create visuals reacting to the audio only. (No MIDI sent to VS this time).

I’m liking this one.
    It developed really nicely.
    The piano lines are tension building and the saxophone
    provides a really strong counter melody.
    It’s a really good piece.
    One of your strongest so far.

Thanks for sharing.

• Lol, I like the drum AND sax part. This is very listenable, well produced and dramatic. It keeps you listening even tho it’s trance like. I agree with @Gravitas, one of your best.

• Thank you @Gravitas and @LinearLineman

Yes, this is another piece that doesn’t have any modulations, and sticks to a single key. For now anyway. I could expand upon this one, but for now I just wanted to play with the video recording in VS.

• edited March 2022

That was a great track

• @Lorichs said:
    That was a great track

Thank you! 😌

• I have always liked pieces that start off with with only a part of the beat that leaves it ambiguous, the first time you hear it, as to where the beat actually is. Your mind tries to find it and it often gets it wrong so that when the drums come in there is that nice little jolt when what you thought was 1 turns out to be the “and” of 2 or something. (I liked the rest of it too) Great band! And when you go on tour you can keep expenses really low. Only one hotel room for the whole band! :) love it.

• @boomer said:
    I have always liked pieces that start off with with only a part of the beat that leaves it ambiguous, the first time you hear it, as to where the beat actually is. Your mind tries to find it and it often gets it wrong so that when the drums come in there is that nice little jolt when what you thought was 1 turns out to be the “and” of 2 or something. (I liked the rest of it too) Great band! And when you go on tour you can keep expenses really low. Only one hotel room for the whole band! :) love it.

Thank you so much for that! It’s nice to know someone’s out there listening. 🙏

• Great track… loved the visuals , especially the cheeky question near the end !
    Out of interest how long did the visual side take compared with the audio?

• edited March 2022

@GeoTony said:
    Great track… loved the visuals , especially the cheeky question near the end !
    Out of interest how long did the visual side take compared with the audio?

Thanks Tony! The visuals on this one didn’t take very long at all being that I only used the audio reactive features in VS, rather than sending it all kinds of MIDI to control the visuals.

The visuals on my newest piece, I spent a little more time on. It reminded me of people walking on a bustling, busy city sidewalk, so some appropriate video clips were stolen from YT ☺️. I also decided it needed its own thread for some reason, which I posted here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/1059292#Comment_1059292

The thread posted yesterday, had over 60 views, but only one person commented. I do believe that this one person, was the only one to listen to the piece. Maybe I set it up wrong? Should practice my sales pitch? Idk.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Here’s the video

• It was probably your mom, Ed. Wear the anonymity like Hilary wears her Russian sanctions… as a badge of honor. We, who are about to be overlooked, salute you!

Still a beautiful track. Good Mesmer-ing. And glad to see you’re working… when you don’t post I always worry you’re in the alley smoking. Maybe it’s time to purchase the SWAM Flug or, dare I say, Euphonium!😉😎🙏

• Still catching up on creation listening and hadn’t got to your latest one @Edward_Alexander but just listened and I think it’s one of your best for a while. You have a real gift for bass lines, I liked the ‘mix’ and a great video. For me I just wanted a little variation towards the end to pick up the interest, say on the sax but that’s just a personal opinion 🎷

• @LinearLineman said:
    It was probably your mom, Ed. Wear the anonymity like Hilary wears her Russian sanctions… as a badge of honor. We, who are about to be overlooked, salute you!

Still a beautiful track. Good Mesmer-ing. And glad to see you’re working… when you don’t post I always worry you’re in the alley smoking. Maybe it’s time to purchase the SWAM Flug or, dare I say, Euphonium!😉😎🙏

Thanks, I actually already have the SWAM Flugelhorn, Euphonium, and one of the French Horns.

• @GeoTony said:
    Still catching up on creation listening and hadn’t got to your latest one @Edward_Alexander but just listened and I think it’s one of your best for a while. You have a real gift for bass lines, I liked the ‘mix’ and a great video. For me I just wanted a little variation towards the end to pick up the interest, say on the sax but that’s just a personal opinion 🎷

Thanks Tony, I’ll keep that in mind for the next one. I do have these other 126 versions lol

• Nice and groovy stuff @Edward_Alexander
    Is that klevgrand Borsta i’m hearing?

• @Lorichs said:
    Nice and groovy stuff @Edward_Alexander
    Is that klevgrand Borsta i’m hearing?

Thanks!

You know what, I bought Borsta and was in the middle of comparing the different brush sounds between it and Soft Drummer when this piece came about. You could say that Borsta helped in inspiring this one, but it is all Soft Drummer.