Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Files folder song player app

13»

Comments

• @SevenSystems said:

@richardyot said:
    @SevenSystems one problem I have with Music Folder is that if I update files by overwriting them the app gets confused and says it can’t find the file.

Let’s say I have some files in the folder called “My Song 1” and “My Song 2” and I make a new mix for “My Song 1” and overwrite the existing one in Music Folder, I will get an error message saying the app can’t find the file, even though it’s there, but it’s been updated.

Hey, thanks for the report. I'll have a look. Does this also happen if you "Refresh folders" in between? When exactly does the error message appear?

Yes it still happens if I refresh the folder. I can’t remember the exact error message though

• OK, I assume the file was already open in the player, then you replaced it, and then tried to start / resume playback, which wouldn't work because it's a different file now and would've to be reopened.

Good catch, will be fixed.

• Is there an app for playing songs from folders in the Files app that will transition to the next album when it reaches then end? I'm yet to find this.

• @Ailerom said:
    Is there an app for playing songs from folders in the Files app that will transition to the next album when it reaches then end? I'm yet to find this.

Is this any good?
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/musicbox-player-for-dropbox/id1212543936

• A question: is there a way to loop a song/folder of songs gaplessly? ( I see in the features GAPLESS PLAYBACK for all files formats )
    If not, could it be added in the next update?
    Thanks.

• @Gilbert said:

A question: is there a way to loop a song/folder of songs gaplessly? ( I see in the features GAPLESS PLAYBACK for all files formats )
    Thanks.

Hi! Looping is currently not supported, but it has been requested a few times and I have it on the roadmap (gapless playback is mostly intended for listening to albums ripped from CDs, or for DJ mixes which have been split into individual tracks which are "end-to-end" without interruptions).

• @SevenSystems said:

@Gilbert said:

A question: is there a way to loop a song/folder of songs gaplessly? ( I see in the features GAPLESS PLAYBACK for all files formats )
    Thanks.

Hi! Looping is currently not supported, but it has been requested a few times and I have it on the roadmap (gapless playback is mostly intended for listening to albums ripped from CDs, or for DJ mixes which have been split into individual tracks which are "end-to-end" without interruptions).

Hapless is all I would use. A real trick, and one that seems to evade every folder playing app is to progress to the next folder.

• @dave_bass5 said:

@Ailerom said:
    Is there an app for playing songs from folders in the Files app that will transition to the next album when it reaches then end? I'm yet to find this.

Is this any good?
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/musicbox-player-for-dropbox/id1212543936

Very much worth having a look. I'd assumed these cloud players were just that but it seems some will allow device storage. Thanks for the link.

• tjatja
    edited January 2022

@Ailerom said:
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Doppi seems perfect.

It does import audio files, as it seems.
    That would be pointless for me, as I have them on cloud storage already and have no interest to import and duplicate them.

• @tja said:

@Ailerom said:
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Doppi seems perfect.

It does import audio files, as it seems.
    That would be pointless for me, as I have them on cloud storage already and have no interest to import and duplicate them.

It makes no difference anyway. As close to perfect as the app is for me it's a buggy piece of shit so the search goes on.

• @SevenSystems said:

@Gilbert said:

Thanks.

Hi. Oh, I see. Waiting for the loop feature. Thanks @SevenSystems .