Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Centrance - The English Channel

Figured some may be interested here, especially with buzz words such as ‘modular’,’on the go’,’de-esser’ etc

https://centrance.com/english-channel/

Only 50 being made at first.

Comments

• Can you find a price on their site? 50% off of what standard price?
    50 units in first batch and you commit to a reservation. Does anyone have any of their
    existing products?

• I’ve got the MixerFace and it is amazing. Great quality build and crisp clear audio.

My guess is each of these modules would well for about $250-400 a piece. Not sure.

• @mjcouche said:
    I’ve got the MixerFace and it is amazing. Great quality build and crisp clear audio.

My guess is each of these modules would well for about $250-400 a piece. Not sure.

Yeah, I love mixerface. Such nice clean preamps. I just upgraded to the newer version with usb-c and a bit more gain. Love how easy it is to use as an interface for the iPad as well.

• It does look like a cool idea, but I do wish they had listed the price. Also, it is a lot of pieces since you also need to get an interface (If I read that correctly), it would make sense to have at least one of the pieces also act as an interface. But, it looks like the main target audience is voiceover artists and this may be a great portable rig for them. If the pieces are as high quality as they say, the interface it is plugged into is going to need to have good converters.

I bought my apogee minime from a voiceover artist last summer, and it was her portable rig for a long time because she couldn’t turn down work. She told me she did many VO spots in a rental car while on vacation, or in a hotel room, that kind of thing. I really lucked out on that piece, although for iOS you do need a hub in between to fool the device (minime has its own power but triggers the power warning anyway).

Anyway, modular is a cool idea, although I don’t need it at this time.