Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is Buying A Larger Power Adapter Overkill? (30w vs 67w) For iPad Pro

I have a usb-c hub coming with PD up to 100w

I read the stock charger that comes with my new iPad Pro is usually not strong enough, as the hub can draw sometimes up to 15w.

On the Apple site the newer 67w adapter is only about $15 more than the 30w version

Is it worth is to buy the more powerful version, or will that possible “hurt” my iPad?
As long as the same volts should be all good right?

Comments

• edited January 2022

Some hubs require the higher capacity charger (they won't finish charging iPad up to 100% using the stock charger through the hub as it charges only 60%-70%, tops).

No, it won't hurt your iPad as long as the charger is from Apple.

• @MobileMusic said:
    It won't hurt your iPad as long as the charger is from Apple.

@tahiche : "Hold my rioja"

• edited January 2022

@ruggedsmooth said:
    I have a usb-c hub coming with PD up to 100w

I read the stock charger that comes with my new iPad Pro is usually not strong enough, as the hub can draw sometimes up to 15w.

On the Apple site the newer 67w adapter is only about $15 more than the 30w version

Is it worth is to buy the more powerful version, or will that possible “hurt” my iPad?
    As long as the same volts should be all good right?

Yes it’s better to use a 65W PD charger or powerbank: iPad charging max 30W + USB HUB 15W = 45W + perhaps even more with more devices connected to the Hub.

• My understanding is that only certain bricks support the correct power output for fast charging of the latest USB C iPads. I tried out the 96w brick for my iMac and that didn't seem to fast charge. My 30w does. But maybe the newer power brick models support that output?

• Thanks everybody ordered the 67w adapter!

• edited January 2022

@quartzite said:
    My understanding is that only certain bricks support the correct power output for fast charging of the latest USB C iPads. I tried out the 96w brick for my iMac and that didn't seem to fast charge. My 30w does. But maybe the newer power brick models support that output?

USB-C PD bricks should work well. I have an Anker Powerport III 65W but also some Rampow 36W and both works well:

https://us.anker.com/products/a2712

https://rampow.com/product/dual-port-36w-wall-charger

It’s amazing to charge iPad Pro M1 fully in approx two hours. I have several wall plugs in the house ready to use, I try to always keep my device charged ready to make music!!

• Love my Anker multi USB-c chargers. Using the same charger for iPads and laptops, even at the same time, is the future we deserve.

• @ervin said:

@MobileMusic said:

You know the volcano in Canary Islands?. My iPad started that.
    I’m sticking with the stupidly overpriced, unsexy and poorly featured apple usb-c dongle for the time being. I believe I’m already world record in iPad 🔥 so no need to abuse.
    The fact is I got a replacement every time, and never got an answer from Apple service as to what caused the iPad hara-Kiris. There’s a lot of confusion as to what gadgets are “acceptable”. My killer hub was brand Satechi, they sell that brand in the Apple Store… Seems like if you don’t use “Apple Original” and pay triple for half the features you’re wreckless and deserve some punishment.

• @tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@MobileMusic said:

You know the volcano in Canary Islands?. My iPad started that.
    I’m sticking with the stupidly overpriced, unsexy and poorly featured apple usb-c dongle for the time being. I believe I’m already world record in iPad 🔥 so no need to abuse.
    The fact is I got a replacement every time, and never got an answer from Apple service as to what caused the iPad hara-Kiris. There’s a lot of confusion as to what gadgets are “acceptable”. My killer hub was brand Satechi, they sell that brand in the Apple Store… Seems like if you don’t use “Apple Original” and pay triple for half the features you’re wreckless and deserve some punishment.

You're not exactly wreckless as you have properly wrecked a few of those ipads, mate - typos can be Freudian! :lol: