Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which iOS keyboard are you using (for typing! ;) and why is gBoard such a mess?

edited December 2021 in Other

I am slowly settling in with my first iphone. But what sucks is the quality of the keyboard options... On the old phone I used swype and in hindsight I realize what a marvellous keyboard that was.

the native keyboard is unable to type profanities. what the fuck. Also, as soon as another keyboard is installed, the emote-button turns into a "choose keyboard"-long-press-button. Having to long-press and select is just such a little, unnecessary annoyance...

google keyboard works fine, the swiping works fine, it actually learns words, and even better, I can actually delete words from the dictionnary. great. I love the translation/search features, but the voice typing/dictation feature is incredibly buggy. Every time I press the microphone button, the keyboard settings open for a split second, then another screen opens for a split second, then I have a 50/50 chance of being able to say one sentence, if I want to say more, I have to go throgh the same loop again. With the last update to gboard being 1 year old I have no hope this will ever improve...

Also, with gboard I can't tap on a word I already typed and get word suggestions that make any sense. with swype, if I marked a word, it suggested alternative words that would have a similar swiping path. gboard initially shows these words too but if I tap on a word I already typed, it only shows suggestions that are either completely unrelated or are related to the word on a "language" level. Words that might fit the sentence. But these suggestions make no sense at all if one were to try to correct a wrongly recognized word...

So my question is: what is your preferred keyboard and why? Which one sucks the least? :D

Comments

• I’ve tried others and always gone back to the native keyboard. Think I’ve lost interest in trying others now.

• Same. I also don’t trust a Google keyboard to know everything I'm typing, including passwords.

• Embrace the struggle, mate. The keyboard is unfortunately one of those areas where ios is stuck in the previous century compared to Android. 🤷

• I've been using the built in swipe typing on my iPhone more and more lately, and it continues to impress with how well it usually does. Haven't really felt the need to keep using a third party one, so I deleted them and don't regret it so far.

• my biggest issue is 3rd party keyboards is they put the return key in a dumb location. usually where the right shift key is (which i use quite a bit)

• I just use a $20 Anker BT Querty Keyboard

• I dearly miss the iPads split keyboard. Swipe to type on the native keyboard works well, especially with the Pencil. It’s too bad this feature is only available when the keyboard is set to mini/float.