Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Tribes of the Galaxy"

McDMcD
edited December 2021 in Creations

Fun with strobing polyrhythms... mostly. This started as a search for metallic filter apps after watching the Heinbach video for his "Gong Amp" but ended here. Feel free to jump around there's not a strict structure and it's pretty long but pay attention to the shifting rhythmic patterns. Music is not the universal language of the Galaxy but rhythm helps make a get together gel. Everyone tries to re-define the patterns and obscure the passing of time.

Comments

• This is really good stuff. Your best work.

• @Paulieworld said:
    This is really good stuff. Your best work.

Not work at all... I have a Mosaic script called "Glass Factory" with PPQN (Pulses Per Quarter Note) and "Strum" knobs. Changing PPQN and tweak the strum (which is a digital delay in effect) and I get these cool polyrhythmic effects.

https://patchstorage.com/glass-factory/

• Great stuff, I think if the percussion had a bit more umph … physicality, power, bass (not sure how to phrase it) it would have crossed the divide where you think, is this computer generated or are these real humans playing? Very enjoyable.

• The ever so vacant synth notes reminded me of the beginningish of 12 monkeys with b willy where an intercom robotic female voice saying something like, “inmate #….?”, maybe in a train station/prison? My memory….-wuuuuteyva😜- I felt the gel of all those rhythms like probably only you and you alone would of made so perfect unless there some algorithm besides your intuition in action?

• @McD said:

@Paulieworld said:
    This is really good stuff. Your best work.

Not work at all... I have a Mosaic script called "Glass Factory" with PPQN (Pulses Per Quarter Note) and "Strum" knobs. Changing PPQN and tweak the strum (which is a digital delay in effect) and I get these cool polyrhythmic effects.

https://patchstorage.com/glass-factory/

I agree that this is not work. It's pure play!
    This piece, albeit simple and restrained, spoke to me.
    I was waiting for Pat Metheny and Lyle Mays to make an entrance.
    Use whatever technology is available to make beautiful music.
    I listened to this many times and enjoyed the experience.

• Thanks for the listens and comments.

The changes in the rhythms are from me slowly experimenting with 4 knobs or at times moving them rapidly to create morphing patterns.

In earlier versions I had more synths some me the Glass script changes pitch with these rhythms but when pointed at Slammer and shaker(?) you get complex kits of pipes and rattles. I had a lot of filter based FX that consumed by CPU so I killed these synths and just played slow notes using Noise thru the FX too.

I hesitated sharing because this way of composing still feels like it’s from the computer but that’s me feeling like a slacker for not practicing my technical drills and such.

• I would agree with both ,"Your best work", and ,"It's pure play".

I have always been fascinated with polyrhythms and
    this is feels like a joyous journey through some of them.

The long notes provide a sonic landscape for the polyrhythms to play in.

It's quite soothing to listen to.
    Thank you for sharing.

🙏🏾

• Thanks for this gem!

• edited December 2021

The percussion is reminiscent of what I've heard during the Dragon Dance performances I've seen during Chinese New Year celebrations. Maybe it's not related, but I can't help but see it in my mind's eye. :)

Really cool sounds.

• This is really good stuff. Your best work.

Now I'm going to have to return to Glass Factory. I was never able to get much going there but this inspired me.

• @Stochastically said:
    Now I'm going to have to return to Glass Factory. I was never able to get much going there but this inspired me.

Try 2 instances on some drum apps like the Klevgrand stuff... and focus on contrasting PPQN's and them nudge "Strum" for the morphing drum circle or (Thanks @AlexY) Dragon Dance chaotic rhythms.

• Very enjoyable. Has that captivating polyrhythm quality.

• "Another Day Another Take"

Swapped in "Continua" for the keyboard played synth pads and such.
    Added DrumJam to the drum circle of Slammer and Skaka.

• This kept my interest. Amongst your best stuff for sure. It’s percussively repetitive… sort of…. That’s the good part. What, no bansuri?

• I keep coming back to this. There's something about it. I would like to add a layer if that would be OK with you.

• Love the percussions, and the strings, and the.. well… I just love all of it!

@McD

Going over to patchstorage to see what this glass thing is all about.