Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Create Track and Workflow

how do you manage the workflow?
i like daw cubasis 3 and multitrack daw but i can't have a fixed workflow from start track to end,
how do you organize to have final track?
do you loop and import or record in realtime? i will be stupid but I can't finish a track like I did on logic pro and mac ...

Comments

• If only cubasis were to had better grouping and sub group options, I would start with a clean template every time.
    I always start from a loop of a few bars up to 16 to get all ideas and tracks running together. I start with drums and add a bassline and melody. More tracks get added later by adding new instruments and start jamming. Then by muting some I search for the best combinations to get some raw songarrangement going.
    I copy paste the entire block of loops towards the possible duration of the entire song.
    Then I mute some unclear parts here and there and delete the ones that are not matching as I want.
    After the raw arrangement the song idea is somewhat ready.
    Only then I start with the eq per part so it correlates to other parts.
    Then grouping and effects on single or grouped tracks.
    After most eq is done I mix into a limiter on the master channel for gain staging.
    That’s where I implement subtle compression and saturation on the tracks that need it.
    Then I get into panning and go back and forth to tweak previous settings.
    I mostly delete around 30-40% of the tracks in the song because I push ideas too far sometimes. But by doing so, I have more options to choose from.
    Then i get into breaks and adding the extra things to keep the arrangement cohesive and interesting.
    After I’m satisfied I commit to audio asap, take out the limiter and render for mastering.
    In cubasis I have a few mastering chains in the track for dynamic eq, compr, saturation and MB. The limiter is on the masterchannel.
    Depending on the track, I sometimes split the premaster in a few bands using multiband blue mangoo to have a more in depth take at the possible approaches.
    I always check on 2 sets of speakers, one including a sub.
    I combine both cans and speakers and have short sessions in my car as well.
    Looking forward to other ideas and workflows!

• Tnx bob 4 input!!!💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻🙏🙏