Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's your heavy rotation recently?

edited June 2014 in General App Discussion

Music artist, who are you listening to lately? If you feel the need to share the music link, please use the Markdown syntax to create word link. (Explanation below comment box) Youtube will crash the thread with too many links.

I've been playing Good People in Times of Evil Shawn Lane collaboration.

Edit: to get youtube to play in background, open in new tab, return to this screen, hit home key, bring up audio controls from bottom of screen, press play, hit home button twice, return to safari.

Comments

• Loving Marillion - Hogarth era. Met most of them on a cruise recently. They were top notch...professional, friendly, gracious, etc., and their music is amazing to me. I wouldn't say any of them are virtuosos in the traditional sense, but the mark they leave on everything they play makes up for it. Aside from them, my preference has long been prog rock, but that implies dang near everything.

• Nick Cave, Matt Ulrey, Pet Sounds (just discovered it, no shit), SuperBad soundtrack, Super Furry Animals, Os Mutantes, Lionel Hampton, Harry Nilsson, Sufjan Stevens. To name a few.

• Nick Cave, Matt Ulrey, Pet Sounds (just discovered it, no shit), SuperBad soundtrack, Super Furry Animals, Os Mutantes, Lionel Hampton, Harry Nilsson, Sufjan Stevens. To name a few.

• I'm really liking the latest from Manchester Orchestra - Cope.

• Wendy Carlos, the complete 'A Clockwork Orange' score, the soundtrack to 'Last of the Mohicans' and the 'Ghost in the Shell' OST by Kenji Kawai. Also, Bjork's Biophilia album. Those are the only things on my iPod.

• Much usual stuff, but also Tavener's 'Eternity's Sunrise' and 'In The White Silence' by John Luther Adams.

• No Joy, The Sea and Cake's newest and The Joy Formidable

• edited June 2014

XML error blah blah fail.

• @syrupcore lol, That's what started this thread.

• I'm also looking forward to Jack White's forthcoming album Lazaretto. The title track is superb IMO, but the first single released, High Ball Stepper, is an instrumental. A departure from what you would expect from him. The video is worth checking out as well.

• patten - ESTOILE NAIANT,
    My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - working my way through whole catalogue at the moment and Pink Floyd - Meddle

@ArcaneScreams, Becoming a Cyborg from Ghost in the shell is one of my all time fave pieces of music. There is a brilliant live orchestral version on YT that makes the hair on the back of the neck stand up.

• @thinds I love that track. My favourite is 'Nightstalker'. Have a link to the orchestra track? And Meddle. Awesome album. Heard the Zabriskie Point soundtrack by the Floyd?

• @ArcaneScreams, I didn't want to post a link to avoid crashes in the thread. Just search for Kenji Kawai - Cinema Symphony and it should be there. Yes, I have all the Floyd albums on vinyl. Meddle and Atom Heart are very dear to me.

• @thinds I will do that. Thanks. Vinyl. Too cool, man. I like Piper at the Gates of Dawn. My daughter's name is Emily, after See Emily Play. My wife was singling it when she gave birth.

• Saw them a couple of times in the 70's. 72ish at Brighton Dome and 75 at Knebworth Festival. Both remarkable gigs

• @ben Sufjan is great, seen him at Austin City Limits some time ago. If you know his sounds you may find it humorous to know he had a hip hop remix album called Illinoize

• At the risk of crashing this thread,,,this was their opening song on the cruise...

Where do you go from here??

• I am liking Marillion a lot, been checking them out since you posted the cruise video. I think I told you that already though.

• Yeah..i think I did....I hope no one minds any reposts! Getting old has it's disadvantages too! ;-). I actually workout listening to them, which amazes my sons!

You should meet up with me on the next cruise @WMWM. Best vacation ever!

• Workout thread. Altogether different beast :)

• edited June 2014

Swimming man, swimming, it's easy on the knees.

I guess I better get busy making that hit single so I can afford to cruise. Don't wait up for me though, it may be awhile. The song you posted by them previously was a different song about a life on the sea, fantastic stuff.

• Lol....yeah, that might be first here @JohnnyGoodYear! Not to imply it works, but i have a blast doing it!

• edited June 2014

Steve Hackett-Genesis Revisted, Genesis Revisted 2, Genesis Revisted Live at the Hammersmith,
    and
    Echolyn-Echolyn (2012)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bieber, Britney, don't get me wrong, I still like to kick back with a bit of Michael Bolton

• I've never really gotten down with Atoms for Peace but I was on a Radiohead kick again recently. The guitars in House of Cards kill me each and every time. The way the rhythm guitar intersects with the understated drums and is both clean and dirty at the same time. The fuck-you-Greenwood otherworldly beauty of the high melody guitar during the chorus (played with the side of a US Dime starting at 1:50 or 3:13 below). Damn.

Here's a live in studio version. You can see the dime playing wtf at around 4:10.

Maybe there are other coins in the great big world that can do this but no other US coin did the trick when I tried to replicate it. Dimes have tiny ridges along the side.

• @syrupcore Thanks for that moment. 'Nuff said.

• Shit, now I'm in it deep. For the non Radiohead believers out there. Phil's ability to bang out that beat and not add any look-at-me nonsense astounds me. The Philip Glass playbook guitars ain't bad either.

Sometimes 5/4 does it for people. Again, go Phil.

• The Tavernor tapes.