Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"The New Phone Book is Here!" test drive of an Arturia MiniLab mkII

2»

Comments

• @McD said:

I should do Mac/iPad cross collabs but I'd have to turn in my ABF Membership card or be like @jonmoore who slips little Desktop advice under the radar.

We'll have to corner off a minuscule section of the ABF for multi-faith types like myself to practise without persecution. :)

• @jonmoore said:
    We'll have to corner off a minuscule section of the ABF for multi-faith types like myself to practise without persecution. :)

This is the age of "cancel culture" >:) Just don't talk me into buying more VST Plug-ins that I never use. I do enjoy the
    Valhallah Shimmer Reverb but it only made me want to buy more and more.

It's probably a good idea to keep a couple desktop save folks around to explain why spending $1,000's a year on software
    is fun rather than my $1,200 IOS spend. See 1,200 is only 1.2 thousand and doesn't need the plural. My missus ever doesn't an audit I'm sure it's probably into the "'s" zone.

• edited November 2021

Thanks @dvi! That's very helpful. I wish the manufactures released iOS apps that allowed configuring their MIDI controllers, since they're very popular with iOS musicians. I'm without a computer right now, and re-mapping isn't fun.

• @McD said:
    @dvi: Thanks for the manual link and the product support. It makes sense that Arturia will provide registration credentials.

I have an Oxygen 8 for MIDI 5-pin use cases... the Akai has that joystick but it sure feels like a toy product. The best think I can say about it is that it's a "light weight" in all senses of that idiom. The keys are just not very well designed. I got it as a damaged box on impulse at a Guitar Center.

Now I'm Jones-ing for the 4 octave Arturia with the sliders for some B-3X organ madness. I'd use the 2 octave Arturia for the
    lower keybed most use for Bass lines. But I have these "price points" where I just buy stuff and the 4 octave is above my limit.

I desperately need an iPad with more storage to load all the apps I have bought since 2018. I do have an iphone with 512GB
    that holds everything that's universal but some big ticket apps are not.

is that the Akai MPK mini you're so unhappy with? Are the MK1-MK3 different in handling/quality?

• McDMcD
    edited November 2021

@dobbs said:

@McD said:
    @dvi: Thanks for the manual link and the product support. It makes sense that Arturia will provide registration credentials.

I have an Oxygen 8 for MIDI 5-pin use cases... the Akai has that joystick but it sure feels like a toy product. The best think I can say about it is that it's a "light weight" in all senses of that idiom. The keys are just not very well designed. I got it as a damaged box on impulse at a Guitar Center.

Now I'm Jones-ing for the 4 octave Arturia with the sliders for some B-3X organ madness. I'd use the 2 octave Arturia for the
    lower keybed most use for Bass lines. But I have these "price points" where I just buy stuff and the 4 octave is above my limit.

I desperately need an iPad with more storage to load all the apps I have bought since 2018. I do have an iphone with 512GB
    that holds everything that's universal but some big ticket apps are not.

is that the Akai MPK mini you're so unhappy with? Are the MK1-MK3 different in handling/quality?

Sorry... no idea.

ARTURIA SUPPORT emailed requesting a photo of the bottom of the keyboard with the serial number and access code. This should initiate a "reset" in the database to assign the hardware to me... just as @dvi suggested.

• @McD :
    For your B3 needs......

• McDMcD
    edited November 2021

@AlmostAnonymous said:
    @McD :
    For your B3 needs......

I'm sticking with my sofa workplace strategy: MacBook Pro, iPad with keyboard, CKA and pencil, and Arturia Minilab mkII w/USB cable to CKA, headphones and AirPods Pro, and power adapters behind the sofa. Only need to get up for food, drink and to exhaust processed food and drink.

Doctor called today and suggested exercise. I told him I purchased a 25 key
    workout device with rotary stretching hardware. He mentioned the Gym and I countered with Covid concerns.