Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wavebox, new, elegant audio editor with unique features.

There are chances that everyone of us in this forum use an audio editor for making/tweaking samples, loops, or any other creative purposes.
Fortunately we have enough choice in that field: from veterans like TwistedWave, Hokusai, WavePad, to newcomers like Auditor and Neon ( even Koala ), to mention just a few.
Often some convenient features found in one app are lacking in others. Some apps have a dense UI with lots of buttons, menus, pages, others are more on the minimalist side, yet sometimes not terribly obvious to use.

Today I'd like to share with you all a little gem I discovered recently. Immediatly I felt at home with this audio editor. So let me tell you why I now enjoy so much working with it.

First, it is FREE.
Second, it is Universal.( IPhone, iPad, Mac )
Third, the developper ( Luis Rivas ) is quite responsive and listening to feedback.

Now the technical goodies ( including some unusual features ):

• Everything in one screen. ( Side View supported )
  • Extract audio from video
  • You can open multiples files ( each in its own window ),
    this allows to easily select, copy, paste between windows.

• Quick creation of regions by adding markers and split of these regions to new windows, or instant saving of the slices.

• Immediate opening of audio files from an integrated browser or from Files ( wav, mp3, m4a, flac, ogg and more ).
    Browser with access to any folder in Files ( including external storage ), search function, waveform preview and gapless looping of the selected file,
    Drag and drop to the workspace, visible file extension...

• The export of files/slices is very simple: choose the format ( wav 16, 24, 32 bits ) , m4a, mp3, flac, alac, and save to various locations.

• WAV and ALAC offer to split the regions to renamed/numbered files.
  • There is a dedicated audio library in the app or export to Files. No waste of time.

• Similar to TwistedWave and Auditor you can zoom in/out with one finger ( or apple pencil )

• Actions menu offers: usual Fades, Normalize, Trim, etc... and Time Stretching/ Pitch transpose, paste and mix of audio files, channel mixer, Stereo to
    Mono.

• Recording.

• New features seem to be on the way...

Hope you will enjoy like I do its fluid and efficient workflow.
Your thoughts?

https://apps.apple.com/tw/app/wavebox/id1577078380?l=en

Comments

• This works amazingly well, nice one!

• Downloaded. I’ll give it a whirl.

• @Gilbert : excellent shout! This seems amazingly useful for free.

• excellent app. quick editing no extra stuff to get i. the way. I love tools that do one thing very well. and this app is that. and it’s free!

• It does look and feel lovely, very slick. I can’t see any beat divisions/markers though - is there a way of getting these?

• edited October 2021

@robosardine said:
    It does look and feel lovely, very slick. I can’t see any beat divisions/markers though - is there a way of getting these?

Don’t see it. Otherwise this app does so much for free. Like you can make a selection, play while looping and drag the selection around while it’s playing. Great for finding interesting little chunks in a larger file. Or drag down up/down to zoom quickly to sample level and back out. I’d like to see a way to type in values. For some things like Timestretch and Transpose, dragging to set value can get tedious. File access is great. Overall it’s a very useful add to the toolbox! 😎👍🏼 @Gilbert Great job on this by Luis!

• Love the UI decision to separate the selection and movement into two sections. Anyone figure out how to add AudioShare to the browser? Seems to only let me use iCloud except when using the import dialog. I did try changing the folder in the iPad settings. Didn’t see to make a difference. Amazing for a free app.

• @mikewb said:
    Love the UI decision to separate the selection and movement into two sections. Anyone figure out how to add AudioShare to the browser? Seems to only let me use iCloud except when using the import dialog. I did try changing the folder in the iPad settings. Didn’t see to make a difference. Amazing for a free app.

Doesn’t appear to allow access to AudioShare or Dropbox. I’ll bet the next update will be an IAP and open up a lot of new functions not currently available. I think it will be worth it.

• thanks for the hook up, interested to check it out

a sentimental part of me longs for an ios Bias Peak, probably because it was one of the first things i got to scrub a waveform with

• edited October 2021

Fantastic editor , it does have access to files and AudioShare. And Free!
    This is the one I’ve been waiting for.
    Thanx to the dev, you need to charge something for this.
    Cheers

• Actually it does access AudioShare and Dropbox just not from the Browser. Use the Import function in Home.

• I like Auditor, but I can use this on iPhone.
    Cool.

• @anickt said:

@mikewb said:
    Love the UI decision to separate the selection and movement into two sections. Anyone figure out how to add AudioShare to the browser? Seems to only let me use iCloud except when using the import dialog. I did try changing the folder in the iPad settings. Didn’t see to make a difference. Amazing for a free app.

Doesn’t appear to allow access to AudioShare or Dropbox. I’ll bet the next update will be an IAP and open up a lot of new functions not currently available. I think it will be worth it.

Just an appearance. It does import/export from/to any location.

• @Gilbert said:

@anickt said:

@mikewb said:

Just an appearance. It does import/export from/to any location.

Yeah - I found that. What is preferred way to provide feedback? Thanks @Gilbert

• I'll be keeping an eye on this app...
    ...still got some 'bugs' in it and it's quite easy to loose a recording if you tap 'Home' by accident.
    Also have not found any way yet to remove markers?!

It's free for macOS as well (fully universal).

• downloaded. Thanks for the heads up!

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

Wow! Amazing, universal, and free! B)

This isn't a criticism in any way, but it's currently missing only one feature that means I won't be using it often, even though I would really like to. To be useful to me, in most cases, an audio editor has to be able work with tempo, beats and measures.

• @wim said:
    Wow! Amazing, universal, and free! B)

This isn't a criticism in any way, but it's currently missing only one feature that means I won't be using it often, even though I would really like to. To be useful to me, in most cases, an audio editor has to be able work with tempo, beats and measures.

I’ve mailed the developers to ask if it might be included in the future. I’ll report back when I get a reply.

• I guess the macOS version can also shed some light on what is planned...
    ...currently it allows to preview thru AUv3 effects so who knows maybe we can soon process samples using AUv3 plug-ins :)

It does feel a bit shaky at the moment (I've made the app crash on macOS a couple of times already and my system is set to share crashlogs with developers so I hope the dev catches them).

Also the iPhone version lacks many of the features present on the iPad version.

But it's really a 'fluid' experience so I hope this app will evolve with time.

• edited October 2021

@Samu said:
    I'll be keeping an eye on this app...
    ...still got some 'bugs' in it and it's quite easy to loose a recording if you tap 'Home' by accident.

I think a "Restore" function is on the way.

Also have not found any way yet to remove markers?!

Just move the marker right or left, out of its location, and push/flick it down. It will turn red and say "Deleting".

To remove all markers at once or other changes, it may be wise to first duplicate the track, then work on the copy. And/or use Undo.

• The video apps by the same developer are really nice too.

• On my iPad Pro (1st gen - iPadOs 13.7) it crashes on startup

• Fantastic for freebie.

The developers vector art apps are pretty decent too. There was a time when you’d have to fork out a tidy sum for raster to vector tools as good as these.

• This is nicely done. I really like the select / zoom interaction, very clever. Amazing bargain at that price.

• @Tatobx said:
    On my iPad Pro (1st gen - iPadOs 13.7) it crashes on startup

same.... shame.

• edited October 2021

Recent update might help

• It looks cool but I can't find any files that it will import. I keep getting the error popup.

What's the trick?

• I’ve only tried .wav files but they’ve all imported ok.

Tried rebooting your device? Just an idea.

• @anickt said:
    Recent update might help

unfortunately not, tried a reinstall, reboots etc ... ios 13.5.1 ipad pro 10.5” , seems it doesn’t like this model , will try on an ios 14 12.9” later on today to see if it’s just this gen ipad.

• edited October 2021

@mojozart said:
    It looks cool but I can't find any files that it will import. I keep getting the error popup.

What's the trick?

No trick... Try put some files in Wavebox Audios folder and see if they appear in the browser. Does it work?
    Check the files extensions. Many formats supported.