Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Nicely structured build up!

• Great! :) Do you have Ampify Launchpad involved?

• @phonokinetic said:
    Nicely structured build up!

Thank you for listening and commenting!

• @Pxlhg said:
    Great! :) Do you have Ampify Launchpad involved?

@Pxlhg Yes! Actually, I use material from Blocs Wave, Launchpad, and many other sources. The internet has an endless supply of material there for the taking. I will use whatever I can get my hands on to make music. I work almost completely with WAV files. I find that it keeps the load on the CPU down, allowing me to use more tracks. I use a combination of samples that I create myself, and some commercially available, royalty-free material. I like to create MIDI tracks using the Cubasis MIDI editor and various synthesizer apps, then I render those down to WAV files with the Freeze function. It's a somewhat time consuming process, but since I don't use any external MIDI controllers, it's my only option. Thanks for listening!

• This is badass, brother
    Awesome stuff.
    And really nice to read your workflow...

Having an older device it's always good to know how people are tackling performance :wink:

• @senhorlampada One of the things I like about this forum is the members willingness to share their experiences, problems, and solutions. My approach is a little unusual, but it works for me. I'm glad to share!

Thanks for listening, and posting your comment. Have great day!

• @Paulieworld said:

@Pxlhg said:
    Great! :) Do you have Ampify Launchpad involved?

@Pxlhg Yes! Actually, I use material from Blocs Wave, Launchpad, and many other sources. The internet has an endless supply of material there for the taking. I will use whatever I can get my hands on to make music. I work almost completely with WAV files. I find that it keeps the load on the CPU down, allowing me to use more tracks. I use a combination of samples that I create myself, and some commercially available, royalty-free material. I like to create MIDI tracks using the Cubasis MIDI editor and various synthesizer apps, then I render those down to WAV files with the Freeze function. It's a somewhat time consuming process, but since I don't use any external MIDI controllers, it's my only option. Thanks for listening!

As I said: Great! :D I have bought a few of the Metal packs and they sound bloody awesome but I have yet to do anything with them.

• Wicked cool man!

I should get into this kind of thing, sample arrangements. Iā€™m always over here trying to play these damn instruments lol šŸ˜‚

Thanks for sharing your typical workflow! Great stuff!

• @Edward_Alexander Your previous reference to Rob Zombie got me energized! So, in a way, you inspired this.
    Thanks for listening!

• @Pxlhg Ampify has some good, usable material at a great price. Combine that with your own original ideas and you might be surprised at what you come up with. Have a great day!

• @senhorlampada said:
    This is badass, brother
    Awesome stuff.
    And really nice to read your workflow...

Having an older device it's always good to know how people are tackling performance :wink:

I just saw that you are following me on Bandcamp.
    Welcome to Paulieworld... It's FREE!
    Thank you, my friend.

• It's my pleasure... Gotta tell ya. Was listening to your other tracks :wink:
    Thanks for the welcome... and the music :blush:

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Wicked cool man!

I should get into this kind of thing, sample arrangements. Iā€™m always over here trying to play these damn instruments lol šŸ˜‚

Thanks for sharing your typical workflow! Great stuff!

Sample arranging is fun but, in my opinion, it's like one of those TV shows where the contestants are given a pile of stuff and are expected to make something from it. Writing, playing and recording original music from scratch is so much more satisfying. I only do it this way because I don't have the energy to rebuild a studio and start playing again. The Blues Brothers made it sound so easy. We're putting the band back together, man! If you ever have a few spare minutes, feel free to check out the last 4 tracks on my Bandcamp page. These were recorded 20 years ago when I actually played.