Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help! can’t monitor/record using Presonus interface

Does anyone have any experience using Presonus USB audio interfaces with Cubasis 3? I am having problems monitoring and recording audio.

I recently got an iPad Pro with the M1 chip. I am using Cubasis 3 and I grabbed a Presonus 1810c. Using the interface, I can hear sounds coming from Cubasis (such as midi tracks and the metronome), but audio doesn't seem to be making it to the Cubasis. The input meter on the interface suggests a good level, but I am unable to monitor this signal, and if I try to record then no sound is recorded.

If I use Garage Band, the interface seems to work fine. So maybe one just doesn't support the other?

Comments

• Welcome to the forum!

I cribbed this from the manual (added emphasis is mine) - https://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Cubasis/Cubasis_3_Operation_Manual.pdf

Q: Why is nothing being recorded?
    Make sure that the track you want to record on has recording enabled. Also, make sure Cubasis has permission to access the microphone:

• On the home screen of your device, tap the Settings icon.
    • Under the category Privacy, choose Microphone.
    • Here you can toggle microphone access for all apps supporting microphone input.

Note: If you are using external recording equipment, check whether it is set up for your track. Open the Inspector and choose MIDI Connections or Audio input (depending on the track type). Flick through the options available until the name of your connected hardware appears.

Hope this helps!

• that did it - thank you so much!