Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

COTCD FRMS (presets & sample collection)!! πŸ„β€β™‚οΈ

Hyped to release this new COTCD bundle for FRMS!

65 x FRMS patches + all custom samples used in the patches and a bunch of bonus samples (102 x samples total)!

Demo below of a bunch of the presets thrown in a short track. Info/link in the YT description. More demos to follow.

To celebrate the release everything in the store is discounted til 22nd Oct πŸ—£πŸ§ !!

Thanks for for checking it out! πŸ™

Store - https://payhip.com/b/r3VtE

Comments

• Instabuy, every time. Thanks COTCD! πŸ‘»

• edited October 2021

Wow oh Wow oh Wow...lush gorgeous and so freaking British UK Psych sounding to my ears...tingles of the lysergic surging up the spine to show me the colors only its sentience can evoke...

Why are my fingers melting?

Bought! :blush:

• Bought! Great sounds. Love the aesthetic too...awesome collage!

• @childofthecorndog What I have cooking at the moment with your kit for FRMS. :)

• Kind words everyone, thanks! πŸ™ & thanks everyone that grabbed it already, appreciated. Hope you dig it.

@echoopera sounding dope, hyped to hear how it turns out!

Just heard from Doug @thesoundtestroom & he’s gonna run through the pack in livestream tonight 8pm (UK). Thanks Doug, see you there πŸ‘€

• Here’s the link 🦧

• Sounds great, as always. Since this is an FRMS pack, I bought it for educational/entertainment purposes, knowing that the CotCD sound would be baked into most of the presets.

But as I had hoped, there are also some great cinematic pad sounds here that don't sound quite so "signature", and they're still very detailed and flavorful. I also like how the trademark creature noises, wind blowing, etc. are confined to layers, which can be turned off. Helps me to be inspired by your music, without copying your sound.

If you're ever in the mood, I would love to see some smaller packs, of "bread and butter sounds", with the concept being, "sound as good as CotCD, without sounding exactly like CotCD." The Zeeon pack is my favorite so far, because many of the sounds made me go "Wow, I could use and re-use this preset, for a variety of genres/projects." I don't know if "general purpose presets" are your passion, but the ones you've released so far, are some of the best. πŸš£β€β™€οΈ

• edited October 2021

Killer 50 minute play through from @thesoundtestroom (link above), recommended ear sojourn πŸ‘‚ πŸ”« Thanks doug & everyone that grabbed the bundle during the livestream πŸ™

@Skyblazer thanks for grabbing the pack & feedback, appreciated! Maybe there’ll be a β€˜bread and butter’ type COTCD pack down the line πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ :) For now you could maybe get ballpark w/apps’ factory sounds + tape sim (chow tape in IOS?) :) ✌️

• @childofthecorndog Dude, I appreciate the maybe! For now I think I might rip my favorite (Zeeon cot) CDs into FlowTones and Mela, and just have a version A and B for "LFO-based tape sim FX".

I like DAWCasette and Reelbus, Chowtape is good too, I would put your Drambo project on equal ground; it handles that "subtle yet transparently synthetic" vibe. Honoring tape emulation vs. imitating.

I was born in '91, and I feel like you must have been born around '81, because your sound design is like "pre-nostalgia" to me. Somehow it still feels really helpful for getting me into the nostalgia vibe!

• @childofthecorndog said:

65 x FRMS patches + all custom samples used in the patches and a bunch of bonus samples (102 x samples total)!

Demo below of a bunch of the presets thrown in a short track. Info/link in the YT description. More demos to follow.

To celebrate the release everything in the store is discounted til 22nd Oct πŸ—£πŸ§ !!

Let me say this with the uttermost respect as I’m a big fan… If you were 1% as good at marketing and sales as you are with sound design you’d be rich. PUT A BLOODY LINK TO BUY THE THING! πŸ˜‚πŸ€ŸπŸ€ŸπŸ€Ÿ

PS: Some smarty pants is gonna say β€œit’s in the YT description, bla, bla, bla”.
    PS2: I’m glad you are not that great at selling, I like you even better πŸ™Œ

• edited October 2021

@tahiche πŸ˜‰i know right. I think the exact same thing every time he releases a stellar Pack.

Here you go everyone:
    https://payhip.com/b/r3VtE

Grab it before the weekend and enjoy your time in the space @childofthecorndog has created for us πŸ˜‰πŸ‘ŠπŸΌβ„’οΈ

It’s so cool to have psychedelics in the form of Sounds and Synth Patches are so readily available 😏

This is amazing! It is is really cool to see people doing banks by themselves to our products. It is an honour. Thank you! :blush:

I've already bought to support. Haven't the chance to listen to the presets yet. Will do that today while ironing out the lastest FRMS release that should be out soon.

This new version will add iPhone support, improve performance, memory usage and fix some bugs. It is already beeing beta tested. We believe it is going to be a great improvement for FRMS.

We will promote this one our social media for sure! :wink:

• edited October 2021

@Skyblazer thanks for the kind words, glad i’ve helped out with the nostalgia portals πŸ•³ :)

@tahiche πŸ˜‚ yeh good call! Store link added 🦧 I suck at promo/marketing!

@echoopera thanks for the support man, appreciated!

@sinosoidal Thanks! FRMS rules πŸ™ ambient/cinematic/lofi candy store, hyped for the phone version! So fun for instant field recording/sound collage stuff 🀯 & thanks for spreading the word on the pack!

• New pack demo πŸ„β€β™‚οΈ All sounds from the FRMS pack except the synth flute arp (from COTCD Model 15) & acoustic drums/bass on the outro. Big thanks to everyone that copped the pack, stoked on the feedback on this one πŸ™

• Forgot to add this in here πŸ€ͺ @Gavinski skims through the pack here (thanks bro!) + 3 x free pack (any COTCD pack) up for grabs πŸ—£πŸ§ 

• Really impressive sound bank. Thank you @childofthecorndog!

• edited October 2021

Just in time for FRMS going universal too. And before anyone asks - yes it’s definitely free if you have it on iPad.

• Thanks @Philandering_Bastard & @Charlesalbert , appreciate the support, stoked you dig the pack πŸ™

@TimRussell yep turned out nice timing! I just joined the beta couple days ago & already been so dope having FRMS on phone. Again, killer job @sinosoidal πŸ‘

Thanks @Philandering_Bastard & @Charlesalbert , appreciate the support, stoked you dig the pack πŸ™

@TimRussell yep turned out nice timing! I just joined the beta couple days ago & already been so dope having FRMS on phone. Again, killer job @sinosoidal πŸ‘

Thanks! :blush:

• edited June 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @sinosoidal Does the FRMS MacOS version also opens as a AUv3 in the latest Ableton Live 11.2 beta?

• @FP0 said:
    Seems like a good day* for another thread bump @childofthecorndog ❀️

As a reminder, COTCD’s Store is at https://payhip.com/ChildOfTheCornDog

*Can’t believe that anyone doesn’t know but, just in case, FRMS is 80% off today https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/frms-granular-synthesizer/id1381392223

Thnx for the bump & support @fpo ! πŸ™

FRMS rules & Imaginando are lovely humans. Congrats on 8 years @sinosoidal & fam πŸ‘ ❀️

• @Pierre118 said:
    @sinosoidal Does the FRMS MacOS version also opens as a AUv3 in the latest Ableton Live 11.2 beta?

@sinosoidal Forget my question.....I just bought the macOS version of FRMS and it shows up as VST in Ableton Live 11, and it sounds really great. Already bought the in-app purchases on IOS but had to buy it again on the macOS version. Never mind, it's worth it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.