Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is this a good idea?

I am doing live solo gigs and duos. I use Ravenscroft, korg module, Heavy Brass, midiflow (stand alone version) and Bs-16i. I have a Nord electro5 and for interfaces I use the Korg Plug Key and M-audio 2+2m, and my ipad is 8th gen. All the apps are in stand alone mode, but they are all AU and Audiobus compatible. My PA is run in mono and I use a hardware mixer. I want to add a software drum machine. I was thinking about buying Audiobus and assigning the drums on left channel and everything else on the right channel of my interface. Does this make sense? I don't want to have too many instruments in a single channel of the mixer. Also I was thinking of getting an iPhone SE and using both of my interfaces for more channels. Is the iPhone SE too small to be useful?

Comments

• Size doesn't matter if you are controlling the realtime stuff using MIDI....no need for reading glasses after set-up...beware though some apps have more features in the ipad versions vs the iphone versions.