Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC Envolver & Bram Bos Perforator-blank screen in Cubasis 2-3

FAC Envolver, Cubasis 2 and 3, auv3, Air3. iPadOS 15.0.1: blank interface, frozen. Anybody else?

Have rebooted, restarted, force quit Cubasis 2-3. Reinstalled Envolver. Still blank interfaces.

@FredAntonCorvest

Same problem with Bram Bos Perforator...also auv3 blank screen.

@brambos

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @musikeer said:
    FAC Envolver, Cubasis 2 and 3, auv3, Air3: blank interface, frozen. Anybody else?

Have rebooted, restarted, force quit Cubasis 2-3. Reinstalled Envolver. Still blank interfaces.

@FredAntonCorvest

@brambos

You would be using iPadOS 15, or maybe 15.0.1? It makes a difference these days.

• edited October 2021

@uncledave said:

@musikeer said:
    FAC Envolver, Cubasis 2 and 3, auv3, Air3: blank interface, frozen. Anybody else?

@FredAntonCorvest

@brambos

You would be using iPadOS 15, or maybe 15.0.1? It makes a difference these days.

15.0.1. Like a fool, I updated. No offense to those who have updated as well. I thought if I waited until all the bugs were ironed out, you know, the 0.1 release, it'd be OK.

Updated the original posting to reflect the iOS, thanks.

• edited October 2021

Perforator is fine for me with 11” 2021 Pro on ios 15.1, cubasis 3.3.1 with Perforator 1.04 (latest is 1.05)

• Yeah this is a bug in iOS which affects hosts. It pops up with plugins that output MIDI and can only be solved by the host (or by Apple, of course).

I’m already helping our friends at Steinberg to fix this.

• @brambos said:
    Yeah this is a bug in iOS which affects hosts. It pops up with plugins that output MIDI and can only be solved by the host (or by Apple, of course).

All plugins that output MIDI!! I hope Steinberg can update Cubasis 2 as well 3? Pretty imperative for hundreds of projects, but stupid to have updated.

• @d4d0ug said:
    @brambos is this the same issue you tweeted about?

Yes, that’s the issue. And it only pops up when hosts don’t handle MIDI coming out of plugins. Cubasis already accepted MIDI from instruments, but not yet from effects - hence it now affects Perforator and Envolver, but not instruments or MIDI generators.

• Today I noticed another crashing plugin in Cubasis. It’s my beloved sequencer Cykle. It crashes when I want to record its Midi output to the track it is loaded into. I will update m bug report at Steinberg.

• @musikeer said:

@brambos said:
    Yeah this is a bug in iOS which affects hosts. It pops up with plugins that output MIDI and can only be solved by the host (or by Apple, of course).

So now Steinberg can’t correct this after all?

• @musikeer said:

@musikeer said:

@brambos said:

Sure they can, and probably already are. They just tend to lump multiple improvements into larger updates rather than a whole bunch of smaller bug-fix releases.

• @wim said:

@musikeer said:

@musikeer said:

@brambos said:

Sure they can, and probably already are. They just tend to lump multiple improvements into larger updates rather than a whole bunch of smaller bug-fix releases.

I’m actually waiting just for that Cubasis3 major update to upgrade from iOS 14 😮

• @god said:

@wim said:

@musikeer said:

@musikeer said:

@brambos said:

I’m actually waiting just for that Cubasis3 major update to upgrade from iOS 14 😮

Yeah I was gonna wait a while for 15 too but then Sample Crate got released as iOS15 only :#