Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there an iOS MIDI recorder/player that can capture and record ALL MIDI data?

When I say all, I mean including program change, midi clock etc.

Doesn’t need any other features or control apart from capture and playback.

Comments

• All except MIDI clock: Imaginando LK.
    It can follow MIDI clock though and record in sync which IMHO makes even more sense.

• @rs2000 said:
    All except MIDI clock: Imaginando LK.
    It can follow MIDI clock though and record in sync which IMHO makes even more sense.

Unfortunately wouldn’t work for this purpose but thanks.

• I guess it could also be a linux app in theory too.

• +1

I’ve just dug out the PSU for the Soundart Chameleon I’ve had essentially unused for many years… want to load a different SoundSkin (app) which requires playing a .mid file. SysexBase appears not to be working, I’m wondering if the files contain more than just sysex.

• There's an app called Photon AU that might fit your needs. It covers a wide set of the MIDI specification but doesn't mention Program Change messages specifically.

http://amssoftware.org/manual/PhotonManual.pdf

A better option is Xequence 2. This definitely includes program changes as part of its tool-set.

http://www.seven.systems/xequence2/en/index/

• @OscarSouth said:
    I guess it could also be a linux app in theory too.

You need to record/playback the midi clock messages themselves? Do you need sysex recording/playback, too?

• @espiegel123 said:

@OscarSouth said:

You need to record/playback the midi clock messages themselves? Do you need sysex recording/playback, too?

No, in a practical sense just the clock, program changes, notes and CCs.

• @OscarSouth for the full monty Xequence 2 is your only man (at the moment)

• @audiblevideo said:
    @OscarSouth for the full monty Xequence 2 is your only man (at the moment)

Can that record midi clock and program change to a time line and play it back then? That’d be perfect if so, but it has to be midi clock from the timeline and not a new midi clock generated from the track tempo.

• The Xequence 2 manual is published online. If it doesn't do exactly what you want there's probably a reasonable workaround to be found.

http://seven.systems/xequence2/en/manual/

There's no other iOS tool that covers the MIDI spec so fully. Sure it probably does far more than you want, but it's priced reasonably if you can make it work for you.

• @OscarSouth said:

@espiegel123 said:

@OscarSouth said:

No, in a practical sense just the clock, program changes, notes and CCs.

Atom will record everything but the clock -- I don't know of any sequencers that will record the clock (though some will record tempo changes derived from the clock). What you could do is have a streambyter or mozaic script sitting between your MIDI source and Atom that translates clock into some CC you won't be using on input and then translates back to clock on output.