Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dentro La Sancta Sanctorum (Inside The Holiest Of Holies)

edited September 2021 in Creations

Haven't felt creative in a long time. Today we visited the Scala Santa here in Rome (the Sacred Stairs). Legend has it that they are the stairs Jesus ascended on his way to trial before Pontius Pilate, moved from Jerusalem to Rome. At the top is the Sancta Sanctorum, which holds the bones of 13 saints and a piece of the bench Jesus sat on at the Last Supper.

While I'm not particularly religious, I AM very spiritual, and I find these kinds of holy places extremely powerful. It was overwhelming to be in such a small space that held so much prayer. This is an improvised piece inspired by this place & @LinearLineman - his one-take masterpieces specifically. Each track done in a single take with very minimal editing.

OB-Xd
Tera Synth
Ting
FAC Alteza
FAC Phazer
Blackhole Reverb
Rotary
Multiband HaaS Effect
Lunar Lander

I hope you dig it

Comments

• Very apropos to the place you describe. Glad to see you creating in a new land. One take improvs might just be the thing for a while.

• Very nice Dave! This genre looks good on you!

• This one worked out really well.
    I wouldn't mind at all if you spent more time making music again.
    Your videos are great and well done but your music is just too good to not continue on that way (too).

• Thanks, guys - very flattering.

I'm trying to create space for music making again - so much is in flux in my life right now so quick & dirty is likely the way over something more studied, but it feels good to be creating ANYTHING again. 😁

• @LinearLineman
    @Edward_Alexander
    @rs2000
    I had to reupload the piece as I noticed that the pitch bends in the lead weren't coming through. This now sounds as intended - please give it another listen to hear it as I meant it.

Thanks guys!

• Lovely track, enjoyed it a lot. I like pieces that don’t feel rushed and this fits the bill.

• Indeed, better. You could do a series based on this flood of new experiences.

• Excellent work, Davey! It’s almost as though the walls are speaking.

The percussion reminds me of the opening of “Xanadu” one of my all-time favorite Rush songs.

I also can picture myself on a PT boat in Cambodia with Martin Sheen — silently cruising up the Nung River in search of Colonel Kurtz.

By far the best track I’ve heard all week!

• @GeoTony Relaxed was the intention, so I'm glad it came through.

@LinearLineman The pitch bends make it feel more alive to me - it was a bit stiff previously.

@SNystrom I'm flattered, truly. I didn't think of it at the time but yes, very Xanadu-like. I love the smell of iOS synths in the morning! 😂