Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to get the amazing Hainbach "Wires" plug in sound on iOS...?

Sadly Hainbach's very cool "Wires" is desktop only.

Any suggestions how to get the same kind of sound on iOS?

Comments

• Gaus + very narrow ‘telephone’ EQ?

• The weird thing with the harmonic distortion is that it seems to happen most around to 300-500Hz range, which is where most folk would attenuate to reduce the boxy low-end mud. But it's definitely got a signature crunch. I'd love to hear it with suitably processed material so as to first reduce those muddy frequencies.

• ChowTapeModel has so many parameters to tweak (and they can be taken to extremes), that I would try to spend some time with it trying to replicate the Wires character

• 4pockets time machine has gotten me pretty close. I have wires on desktop, and Time Machine works in a similar manner. Not really the same as wires, but its something.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    4pockets time machine has gotten me pretty close. I have wires on desktop, and Time Machine works in a similar manner. Not really the same as wires, but its something.

Yeah - I was thinking of Time Machine after watching Doug's video.

I bought the ToneStackPro full package today and it looks like some of the presets can "destroy" sounds really well. Maybe piping audio into ToneStack then into Time Machine might have a nice resut...?

It's a pity that Wires is not on iOS. As Jon says, it does have a signature crunch.

Thanks for the replys everyone.