Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iConnectAudio4+ warm even when off?

I've been meaning to ask this for a while. My iConnectAudio4+ is warm, even when powered off. To get it to cool down, I have to switch it off at the power outlet.

Anyone else have this?

Comments

• The iCA+ doesn‘t have 3-pin voltage regulators, but a DC/DC converter chip to control internal power. It‘s a tiny part which emits quite some heat, but that‘s normal and part of it‘s operation.
    This chip must always be on, otherwise the software controlled „off“ state for the rest of the circuit wouldn‘t be possible.
    (I never used the power button, but unplugged the PSU instead)

Permanent heat of the DC/DC converter isn‘t a problem... frequent on-off switches by disconnecting the PSU might be, though.
    Heat up/cold down cycles put most stress on the circuit.

• I recommend getting a smart plug to turn it off properly, that's what I use :)

• Thanks for these answers. Now I understand why it's doing this. It seems like a waste of power tbh, so I'll move the plug to the power strip I turn off, and power it down at night.

• Interesting, good to know! How does this affect the long term life of the unit?