Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best free EQ?

Hi all,

Whereas I realise most pros will say you need a decent EQ no matter what, part of the essentials toolkit etc..

But does anyone know of any decent (free) 8band graphic EQs out there?

(I've spent a lot lately!) I figured there may be a free one out there somewhere..
AUV3 would be ideal !

Many thanks

Comments

• TB Equalizer.

The price is a steal and practically free for the value

• edited September 2021

Sorry I've never found any graphic EQ to be decent, they're always messing with the wrong frequencies 😉

My recommendations for a decent free EQ:
    LRC5, LRC7.

Written by our friendly family member @NeonSilicon.

PS: EQ560 might do what you thought you want 😁

• +1 on rethinking graphic EQ.
    Also if you’re looking for AU, that means there is a preferred host in the picture, which usually packs an EQ optimised and best suited in terms of workflow.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    +1 on rethinking graphic EQ.
    Also if you’re looking for AU, that means there is a preferred host in the picture, which usually packs an EQ optimised and best suited in terms of workflow.

Ok cool , is there one in AUM built in then?
    As I've had a look around can't see

• If you’re using an iPad or iPhone, you have access to free GarageBand, which should not be immediately discounted as an option.

• If you want to DIY, this might help you for AUM:

@jakoB_haQ only covers 3 eq bands I think but this should be expandable to 8

• @gregsmith said:
    If you want to DIY, this might help you for AUM:

@jakoB_haQ only covers 3 eq bands I think but this should be expandable to 8

That is an excellent suggestion considering the “free” price limitation and the preferred host DAW.

• @SkillipEvolver said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    +1 on rethinking graphic EQ.

Ok cool , is there one in AUM built in then?
    As I've had a look around can't see

Yes, AUM comes with built-in EQs...several. When you tap to add an effect node ""Filter and EQ" is one of the categories. Several filter/EQ nodes are available there. They aren't fancy, but the quality is good.

• @rs2000 said:
    Sorry I've never found any graphic EQ to be decent, they're always messing with the wrong frequencies 😉

My recommendations for a decent free EQ:
    LRC5, LRC7.

Written by our friendly family member @NeonSilicon.

PS: EQ560 might do what you thought you want 😁

Thanks!

@SkillipEvolver said:
    Hi all,

Whereas I realise most pros will say you need a decent EQ no matter what, part of the essentials toolkit etc..

But does anyone know of any decent (free) 8band graphic EQs out there?

(I've spent a lot lately!) I figured there may be a free one out there somewhere..
    AUV3 would be ideal !

Many thanks

By graphic EQ do you mean an EQ with 8 fixed EQ bands that have a gain slider per band or are you looking for an 8 band parametric EQ with a response curve type display?

As noted by @espiegel123 there are multiple parametric EQ filter nodes available in AUM. Parametric EQ's are linearly independent sections, so cascading these nodes together in series works just like they would in something like LRC7 or the EQ in Logic.

• Hi all, I went for LRC7.

I haven't had much of a play with it yet. However I noticed there seem to be 5 main points of articulation along the line. Should I be expecting 7? Or have I misunderstood the implication of the app name? (LRC5, LRC7)

thanks for the tips.

• @SkillipEvolver said:
    Hi all, I went for LRC7.

I haven't had much of a play with it yet. However I noticed there seem to be 5 main points of articulation along the line. Should I be expecting 7? Or have I misunderstood the implication of the app name? (LRC5, LRC7)

thanks for the tips.

Your expectation is right. LRC7 has seven bands and LRC5 has five.

LRC7 is a bit more complex than it looks at first. Each of the seven bands can be set to different filter types. A plain gray dot indicates that a band is turned off. A long press on any filter controls brings up a pop-up that lets you select the filter type and this will turn the filter band on too. A double tap on a filter control toggles the filter on/off state.

There are several gestures available. The main application is the manual and has a section that describes the gestures. The app also has a configuration section that lets you configure the defaults for the application.

Another gesture that's good to know is a long press in the background will bring up a popup menu that lets you set the fine control level and do A/B-ing of the EQ settings.