Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 Camera app for streaming

Quick question. Is there an app that can load the camera using AUv3? Or does anybody want to develop one?

So I did a test stream With the iPad screen to twitch. I used AUM. I can easily add a channel and have my microphone for voice over. I think it would be super cool to be able to pull up the camera inside of AUM.

Comments

• Not sure if AUv3 is the right format for the job... but why not a third party camera app that supports side over mode. You can flip it in/out as necessary..? Not sure if it exists or would work... just thinking out loud.

• I have seen YouTube videos of people who stream from iOS using the standard screen recorder for sharing screen and swap to the Apple Camera app for video. I’m thinking that Camera app then hijacks the audio stream… but if not, that would at least allow for a switch mid-stream (though not inside AUM).

Also, didn’t the iOS 15 announcement have something about letting video calls go to picture-in-picture during screen recording? You could get clever and FaceTime yourself during a livestream, but that again depends on FaceTime not hijacking the audio stream in AUM. Might be worth a try if you have a device you could put on the iOS 15 beta.

• @0tolerance4silence that could work but I am worried that it might highjack the audio stream like @Hmtx mentions.

Also i will have to check out what all is included on iOS 15.

@sharifkerbage looks interesting. Seems more for controlling the camera.

• I was curious too, it’s called “sharePlay” in iOS 15, but it’s been removed from the beta and won’t be part of the initial iOS 15 release next week. Probably will be added later in the coming year.

• As far as I know, there isn’t one. Could be wrong but I don’t believe I’ve ever come across one.

• @Hmtx I did see where you can screen share with FaceTime, that seems cool. I wonder about how the audio would work.

@Poppadocrock I feel like if its possible it would be easy. dont need any crazy controls, just open camera, no audio, and maybe be able to switch between front facing or rear.