Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Coming soon from Lumbeat - Indian Drummer

Comments

• Seems like Mr Lumbeat has been cooking up this new drummer for some time now.

I like his apps because (as a non-drummer) I think there is loads to learn in seeing how rhythms and fills are programmed. I love tabla so am keen to see this for a sonic perspective but more so for understanding patterns.

I keep coming back to the Lumbeat apps because I want to utilise/extract all the brilliant patterns for use with my own sounds, but then I go off them because of the clunky interface and no AuV3.

It’s a very up and down relationship I have with Lumbeat.

• All the apps are amazing, but then I don’t end up using them because of the lack of AUv3. Would pay for an in app purchase for them to be AUV3 but I’m no developer and guess it must be a nightmare converting it.

• It’s good to see that he’s trying to deal with the tuning issue by giving multiple samples in several keys. It still needs a tuning control though. Indian classical musicians (the good ones) are very particular about tuning. The samples are a good start though, and a big improvement over Mideast drummer.

• @soundtemple said:
    Seems like Mr Lumbeat has been cooking up this new drummer for some time now.

I like his apps because (as a non-drummer) I think there is loads to learn in seeing how rhythms and fills are programmed. I love tabla so am keen to see this for a sonic perspective but more so for understanding patterns.

I keep coming back to the Lumbeat apps because I want to utilise/extract all the brilliant patterns for use with my own sounds, but then I go off them because of the clunky interface and no AuV3.

It’s a very up and down relationship I have with Lumbeat.

Export their midi and go from there.

• Come to Butthead…

• I posted a suggestion on Apple to add an Indian Drummer to the GarageBand over a year ago. If anybody can nail it, it is Apple.

• I stopped buying these apps when the sound module facility was removed from them without warning by an update, meaning you can no longer trigger the individual drums from external MIDI.

• Seems Reggae Drummer and Soft Drummer had the ‘Groove’ treatment.. and they seem to work much smoother now..
    Thanks..

Looking forward to Future Drummer and AfroLatin… Grooving.

Thanks..

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    I stopped buying these apps when the sound module facility was removed from them without warning by an update, meaning you can no longer trigger the individual drums from external MIDI.

Yes I miss that too and wish it was put back.