Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - September 2021

What is the Song of the Month Club?

It's a place where musicians come to give and receive feedback on their work. Anyone is welcome, whatever their level of ability.

The spirit of the club is to contribute: if you submit a song for others to comment on, you should also have the courtesy to listen to everyone else's contributions and give as much feedback as possible. Posting a track and not listening and commenting on others is not cool.

The purpose of feedback is to be honest. Essentially you should give your truthful impressions of the song, whether good or bad. Negative feedback, if done in the right spirit and with courtesy, can be the most useful and can help the artist to grow and improve and correct their mistakes.

All submissions are welcome, don't hesitate if you want to contribute. We like all kinds of music and we are particularly fond of vocals (but of course we still love a great instrumental). If you are thinking of experimenting with vocals this is a good place to get started.

We ask that you only post one song per month in this thread - if you're lucky enough to be able to produce more, then please just submit your strongest material

And finally, iOS is not a requirement for posting here. If you've recorded your song using nothing but a ukulele and a Fostex 4 track, that's fine

Comments

• edited September 2021

This one took a bit longer then we thought so we missed August. I guess we will go first for September instead. A move away from the power chords of the last few months . All GarageBand except for the vocals. Mastered on iOS for a change as well.

• I’m using the Launchpad app again for the music -- this time with Launchpad’s Dynamic Soul Soundpack.

I ran the recording through the Lurssen Mastering Console app to clarify and warm-up the mix. With the Lurssen app, I used a modified version of the “Classical (Warmer)” preset.

This one is titled Work Shift.

• My contribution for the month, with help from @JanKun who added the beautiful guitars in the intro and chorus. Lyrics in the spoiler.

Tic Tac Toe
    To the wire
    Head to toe
    In the mire
    Lying in the long grass
    trying to start a fire

But I'm stuck here alone
    With my thoughts and the unknown
    And I am short of time
    To be playing in this pantomime

And I, I just fell for a lie
    I can’t remember why
    I wanted to believe in you that’s why

We choose what we believe
    We lie and we deceive
    We’re nothing if not human, hopelessly naive

There you go
    Pants on fire
    Said the thief
    To the liar

Life is so confusing
    With your feet held to the fire
    And so I try to find
    Some way to clear my mind
    And shake off this heavy weight
    But I'm tired and it’s getting late

And I, I just fell for a lie
    I can’t remember why
    I wanted to believe in you that’s why

We choose what we believe
    We lie and we deceive
    We’re nothing if not human, hopelessly naive

• Don't know where to post it, but the guy who opened a Spotify account just inspired me.
    https://share.amuse.io/album/ape-von-coffee-honorable-style
    https://share.amuse.io/album/ape-von-coffee-serious-renft

…maybe I take part this month again when it’s no problem

• This track features the (over?)use of the Audio Damage Other Desert Cities app. Also along for the ride are Patterning and the MU Waverley Big Softy piano. Sequenced by Autony and SnakeBud and all sent through that magical preset in Bark Filter.

• @orchardman said:
    This one took a bit longer then we thought so we missed August. I guess we will go first for September instead. A move away from the power chords of the last few months . All GarageBand except for the vocals. Mastered on iOS for a change as well.

A nice change of pace, the start is decisively poppy sounding but by the end it's taken on your trademark epic quality.

I really like the guitar parts in this one, all interesting and varied and there to serve the song. The solos all work well and punctuate the vocals well. The vocal is good, the groove bops along, and the arrangement flows nicely. It's another well-thought out production.

• @DavidEnglish said:
    I’m using the Launchpad app again for the music -- this time with Launchpad’s Dynamic Soul Soundpack.

I ran the recording through the Lurssen Mastering Console app to clarify and warm-up the mix. With the Lurssen app, I used a modified version of the “Classical (Warmer)” preset.

This one is titled Work Shift.

Nice funky instrumental, the rhythm guitar part is great and has the perfect vibe. The synths and vocal pads also work nicely, great choice of sounds that mesh well together.

• Hi guys.. This track is being released in October.. (out on Veskler Records from New York) A joint Project i did with H.E. Kimicoh & Anaya Weathers (both from the good Ole USA).. Kimicoh is the Ambassador of World Peace & Anaya is a cousin of Pam Weathers, (both im friends with.. Great people) who well known the the Gospel singers in New York (same church singer where Barbara Tucker, Inaya Day, Michele Weeks,ect came from).. Enjoy guys.. ;)

• @orchardman said:

Lovely Track mate.. Nicely done.. <3

• @orchardman you guys are getting good, new preamps mics? Whatever it is it sounds great. Mix is pro .

• @DavidEnglish sounds really good I must say great headroom , love that guitar sound. . I got nothing bad to say about it. U should try some vocals

• @rottencat like the name. Tripped out sounds u got here. Feels more of an art like a painting in space

• @richardyot dont we all..sometimes there’s no telling why people do what they do. But I really like this melody you came up with.. I gotta say . It’s hard to find solid honesty these days but it sure helps to write a cool song

• @trackedout said:

Nice, it's not often that we get a reggae groove around here, and the delay on the drums and the occasional glitches also adds to that laid-back reggae feel.

The vocal is nice and clear, and the bass line is terrific.

• edited September 2021

@DavidEnglish...little more spacey shit and nicer mastering and i would add it to my spotify playlist :) ... So my contribution

• @studs1966 said:
    Hi guys.. This track is being released in October.. (out on Veskler Records from New York) A joint Project i did with H.E. Kimicoh & Anaya Weathers (both from the good Ole USA).. Kimicoh is the Ambassador of World Peace & Anaya is a cousin of Pam Weathers, (both im friends with.. Great people) who well known the the Gospel singers in New York (same church singer where Barbara Tucker, Inaya Day, Michele Weeks,ect came from).. Enjoy guys.. ;)

really cool cheese :smile:

• @richardyot not that I don’t like reggae but I think this is a bit close but in my opinion reggae is more of a culture of politics freedom oppression push back get high life style. I don’t think I was going for that sound . I really don’t know what my sound is or where to classify it if I had to.now n days it’s rare I listen to music more than make music so I’m always checking my mix.now that I think about it it’s a good thing to take a break and put on some of the masters of our kind

• @studs1966 cool , may I ask don’t know if I have buts what’s your process . How do you go about when you start something

• @trackedout said:
    @studs1966 cool , may I ask don’t know if I have buts what’s your process . How do you go about when you start something

I make an instrumental, then the Artist sings to it,(if they get a vibe from it?).. I start off with chord progression.. If i get a vibe from that, then i work off all from the chords (Key its in for example). comes up with an idea.. Then i clean up there vocals, then process it.. Put it all together.. Then Adjust the mix, then Master it.. Or sometimes, they send me there vocal, then i create the track to it from scratch (once i suss the key & BPM).. If that helps?.. ;)

• @studs1966 said:

@trackedout said:
    @studs1966 cool , may I ask don’t know if I have buts what’s your process . How do you go about when you start something

I make an instrumental, then the Artist sings to it,(if they get a vibe from it?).. I start off with chord progression.. If i get a vibe from that, then i work off all from the chords (Key its in for example). comes up with an idea.. Then i clean up there vocals, then process it.. Put it all together.. Then Adjust the mix, then Master it.. Or sometimes, they send me there vocal, then i create the track to it from scratch (once i suss the key & BPM).. If that helps?.. ;)

They sings (Lead, BV, ec).. then send it to me via WeTransfer..The WAV file).. i go & work it from there really..

• @studs1966 hell yeah , I appreciate your reply. Must be a lot of work to work around a vocal track I imagine

• @trackedout said:
    @studs1966 hell yeah , I appreciate your reply. Must be a lot of work to work around a vocal track I imagine

lol.. I been doing it for a years now.. The main problem, is when the singers send vocal stem that have been sang in there bedrooms, but to a degree they done me a favour.. Its taught me ways to clean them up the same as a studio.. People dont have the money for studio time, so i can fix the vocals now.. I have been doing this for people who are working with other producers (as a favour sometimes).. Also i have aligned there vocals for them when other producer moan about there vocals are not in sync (just goes to show that the other Producers dont no there software very well.. lol).. It takes a learning curve.. Now i can just take there mono signal.. & fix it.. The one thing that cant be done without sound crap it when they song out of key.. i hate using Auto Tune.. i only use that sparingly.... If its really bad, i have to say they need to redo it.. Or i change the instrumental to near there key of singing ()thats why i always ask what key of the instrumental can they sing comfortable in?).. Now i have been signed up to the legendary Nervous Records label ( sorry the the plug... Im so proud of this one, but i dont know when its being released... Instrumental only on that one).. ;)

• @studs1966 said:

@trackedout said:
    @studs1966 hell yeah , I appreciate your reply. Must be a lot of work to work around a vocal track I imagine

lol.. I been doing it for a years now.. The main problem, is when the singers send vocal stem that have been sang in there bedrooms, but to a degree they done me a favour.. Its taught me ways to clean them up the same as a studio.. People dont have the money for studio time, so i can fix the vocals now.. I have been doing this for people who are working with other producers (as a favour sometimes).. Also i have aligned there vocals for them when other producer moan about there vocals are not in sync (just goes to show that the other Producers dont no there software very well.. lol).. It takes a learning curve.. Now i can just take there mono signal.. & fix it.. The one thing that cant be done without sound crap it when they song out of key.. i hate using Auto Tune.. i only use that sparingly.... If its really bad, i have to say they need to redo it.. Or i change the instrumental to near there key of singing ()thats why i always ask what key of the instrumental can they sing comfortable in?).. Now i have been signed up to the legendary Nervous Records label ( sorry the the plug... Im so proud of this one, but i dont know when its being released... Instrumental only on that one).. ;)

As we all dont make much money on tracks.. As we make music because we love doing it, i founfd a way of making bedroom vocals sound as good as studio.. (dont mean to sound big head.. its not what i mean... i would help or advice anyone.. )

• @studs1966 said:

@studs1966 said:

@trackedout said:

As we all dont make much money on tracks.. As we make music because we love doing it, i founfd a way of making bedroom vocals sound as good as studio.. (dont mean to sound big head.. its not what i mean... i would help or advice anyone.. )

@studs1966 said:

@studs1966 said:

@trackedout said:

Basically.. if the vocals are shit.. so will the track.. like the mix & mastering.. But some of the guys who do music in there iPads.. mate!... some get it just right.. So happy when i hear this..

• @studs1966 said:

@studs1966 said:

@studs1966 said:

@trackedout said:

@studs1966 said:

@studs1966 said:

@trackedout said:

Basically.. if the vocals are shit.. so will the track.. like the mix & mastering.. But some of the guys who do music in there iPads.. mate!... some get it just right.. So happy when i hear this..

This Album was done mainly on iPad but i had to mix & mastering in Ableton (plus add vocals to it)... Makes a change from the usual Soulful House/Disco i do .. lol

• @studs1966 said:

@studs1966 said:

@studs1966 said:

@studs1966 said:

@trackedout said:

@studs1966 said:

@studs1966 said:

@trackedout said:

This Album was done mainly on iPad but i had to mix & mastering in Ableton (plus add vocals to it)... Makes a change from the usual Soulful House/Disco i do .. lol

https://open.spotify.com/album/2RmLJwjnD6FbWbnm3MWPpH

• @studs1966 nice. I been working strictly on my iPad this year since my dogs broke my Mac screen. It’s something I’ve come to love for the simplicity of anything. Like my vocals I did on my bike ride at 2 am straight into iPad mic.. I don’t usually do this but if it works it works.

• @trackedout said:
    @studs1966 nice. I been working strictly on my iPad this year since my dogs broke my Mac screen. It’s something I’ve come to love for the simplicity of anything. Like my vocals I did on my bike ride at 2 am straight into iPad mic.. I don’t usually do this but if it works it works.

cool... Thanks mate... There's nothing wrong with that .. In fact, a singer.. (Sarah B).. she sent me vocals by just using her iPhone.. It was just as good as a mic & a soundcard.. Other producer thought she sung in a studio (i cleaned them up for her).. We did a couple of EPs... Know one new that she used only iPhone, so it doesn't matter what you use, as you can get the same result. The magic is how the producer can work with the vocals.. There are certain limits though.. I had one who used a Mic & i heard a bus go by & a pigeon outside.. (that was difficult to remove)... lol

https://www.traxsource.com/title/1509346/pieces-me-you-her-ep

https://www.traxsource.com/title/1612352/live-a-little-ep

• With Patrick Guillot ("Visual choreography")

https://youtu.be/iueY2XVCpxM