Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Oops I did it again…

edited August 2021 in Creations

Blame @senhorlampada : he tipped me to Drone FX, an ageing (no AUV3, no IAA, no Audio export no… anything, really) but still brilliant (and cheap!) app:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/drone-fx/id499500746 for, well, creating drones.

So, despite having cursed myself for already killing one track by releasing another hot on its’ heels in recent days, I just couldn’t stop myself doing it again…

I take some comfort from @LinearLineman’s wise words, to the effect that ‘if you build it, they will come.’

Well, let’s see… ;)

For anyone interested, this track makes a lot of use of MidiLFO’s to switch File Player loops in and out, and to mess with fader levels on individual tracks, for a kind of semi automated, mostly random live mix. I also rode the faders manually during the final recording session inside AUM, as well as, ahem, ‘jamming’ Shroom live over the top. Lots of found sound here, though you wouldn’t necessarily be able to tell - Earth moving equipment, under water sounds, dust and fluff on a stylus - plus drones from Drone FX (of course), Fundamental and Droneo, doom choir from Jussi, and zipper sound effects from an accidental patch I somehow made in IVCS… enjoy! :)

Comments

• :heart: :blush: :heart:
    So glad to be blamed in this case :tongue:
    Amazing work. Should've listened to it earlier today. Made my evening... lovely dark ambient work

• edited August 2021

@LinearLineman : thank you! Couldn’t help but picture you though for a moment there as Mr Burns ;)

Like your new profile pic btw - who is the doggie?

• It’s our 13 yr old whippet, Anson.. Who I call Manson for the irony. Here he is on my BandCamp page...

• Very cute! :) And gosh - haven’t you made a lot of albums! I feel like such a slacker now…

• Sweet! :heart: Guess I'll have to add that Drone FX at least. I really want the fundamental suite of apps as well, but, it's a bit pricey (well, it's not really but you know what I mean (...I hope?) :open_mouth: )

• @Pxlhg : thanks for the listen! :) Drone FX is great, as long as you’re ready to screen record and wav strip it using AudioShare. Are you talking about the Fundamental bundle? I’ve only got Fundamental itself, https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fundamental/id1526745452, can’t see the price now I’ve got it, but it is definitely worth having if you like slow evolving stuff.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @Pxlhg : thanks for the listen! :) Drone FX is great, as long as you’re ready to screen record and wav strip it using AudioShare. Are you talking about the Fundamental bundle? I’ve only got Fundamental itself, https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fundamental/id1526745452, can’t see the price now I’ve got it, but it is definitely worth having if you like slow evolving stuff.

I can record from one iPad to another so that's no problem :) Yeah I meant the bundle as I'm really curious about the PassBOT filter and the price for the bundle is reasonable I guess, compared to the price on single units. I might just go ahead and buy it .. and blame you of course ;) Did you get a reduced price offer for the bundle after buying Fundamental?

• I can’t afford to look. In case I do get a reduced price. Austerity measures in full effect at Schloss Cthonicist, at least for the rest of this month…

• Man this is really really good! I listened to it early this morning, and only just now had the chance to stop and post. (Been busy busy!) Gotta tell you though, I’ve been thinking about it all day. This actually reminded me of a track from 1986 from a band called Stryper. ‘The Abyss’, which was an intro to ‘To Hell With the Devil’.

I’ve always loved this style of cinematic drone/soundscapes, and YOU my good sir, have taken it to a whole new level! Everything sounds perfect, the zipper sound, Hainbach would be proud! Well done!

• @Edward_Alexander : thank you, especially for the comparison to The Sainted Hainbach, blessed be his name :) There is no higher praise… Off to check out that Stryper track now. (btw, point of order Mr Chairman - these days, it’s ‘madam’. Tried the whole ‘sir’ thing. Didn’t work out ;) )

• @Svetlovska said:
    @Edward_Alexander : thank you, especially for the comparison to The Sainted Hainbach, blessed be his name :) There is no higher praise… Off to check out that Stryper track now. (btw, point of order Mr Chairman - these days, it’s ‘madam’. Tried the whole ‘sir’ thing. Didn’t work out ;) )

Of course madam, my apologies!