Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sopranotron from Omenie, Demo and Tutorial for iPad, This sounds just perfect..

I love vocal apps, they can be synthetic or like this, real. This I have to say is exceptional, please excuse the little bit of clipping every now and then, its down to me not the app

Comments

• Hey Doug. Bookmarked this one when it showed up on the forum the other day. Buying it for sure now. Thanks for another great vid. Was hoping you might sing along though.

• Sold, thanks Doug.

• Thanks, this is a very good app and holds the Mellotron spirit very well

• Yes, just had a quick go recording through AudioBus added some Audio Reverb, dropped into Cubasis. Sounds nice.

• edited May 2014

This is a nice demo, Doug. The multi-part harmonies really show off this "tape" set's capabilities, and I love how you still hear the analog Mellotron character.

You're probably aware of this already, but I want to point out something about the pad function for those of us who aren't keyboard-first players. When recording a chord to a pad, you don't need to press all notes simultaneously to get them to take; you actually can enter the notes one at a time. In fact, this becomes necessary if you want to incorporate notes from both keyboard registers into one pad.

• @kgmessier said:

This is a nice demo, Doug. The multi-part harmonies really show off this "tape" set's capabilities, and I love how you still hear the analog Mellotron character.

You're probably aware of this already, but I want to point out something about the pad function for those of us who aren't keyboard-first players. When recording a chord to a pad, you don't need to press all notes simultaneously to get them to take; you actually can enter the notes one at a time. In fact, this becomes necessary if you want to incorporate notes from both keyboard registers into one pad.

Thanks, and great tip about the pad record, which I didn't know :-)