Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Getting back into iPad, some guidance needed!

2»

Comments

• I checked the hub thing quickly and found out that the latest iPad's USB-C supports thunderbolt which has increased bandwith. I'm not sure if this means that getting a thunderbolt audio interface is possible or advantageous.

• @adilsaribay said:

@MadGav said:
    Although I have an audio interface, MIDI interface and a pile of hardware I do like being able to grab just iPad and headphones and sit on the sofa.

So it works just as well without an audio interface if you want to do something complicated like have multiple apps working together via AUM or something? If that's the case, that is really nice and I will just take the iPad alone to wherever I want and go crazy with it. A cafe, a park, nature, etc. What a difference vs. my laptop setup. So liberating! I cannot wait to get into this.

Yes, no external controller is a bit limiting, but i.e. CCK plus KeyStep is small and portable.

• @adilsaribay said:

@AudioGus said:
    As for the Duo Capture I am pretty sure I will pony up for the 11” 512gig Pro this weekend and if so will give it a try with this…

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/MUF82AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter

Cool, let me know how it works, and thanks for that cool stand link. cheers!

Duo Capture is working perfectly on 11” M1 :)

• @AudioGus said:

@adilsaribay said:

@AudioGus said:
    As for the Duo Capture I am pretty sure I will pony up for the 11” 512gig Pro this weekend and if so will give it a try with this…

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/MUF82AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter

Cool, let me know how it works, and thanks for that cool stand link. cheers!

Duo Capture is working perfectly on 11” M1 :)

Nice, that's promising. Hope it'll be the same for me. Thanks!