Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Eulogy ( to Oval Synth). All oval synth loops on koala sampler.

I’m so sad about oval synth being abandoned, I made a tribute to it. Now I will alway have to keep my iPad on iOS 14.

Comments

• Love it 📺

• @gusgranite said:
    Love it 📺

Thanks!! That alleviates the sadness a bit. I don’t wanna lose oval synth

• Well three things I guess one I’ve never heard of Oval Synth. two I really need to look into getting koala and three that sounded fantastic

• @sevenape, very nice! Tried to do something with OS a while back and failed. How did you get the sounds out of Oval Synth? I couldn’t find a way to get the sounds out and into BM3.

• @onerez said:
    Well three things I guess one I’ve never heard of Oval Synth. two I really need to look into getting koala and three that sounded fantastic

Hah!!

1, it is/was a free hangdrum style synth with a bunch of cool sounds and a particular keyboard layout that makes making ambient noodling super easy and intuitive and fun. The main idea was to connect this hangdrum midi controller thing but I never had that. Just the app.

2, i basically use it in a sort of gauss/ tape loop style way, it’s like having 64 gausses running at the same time. It’s super easy to edit loops and set them running, one of the best things for me is that you can use it in this hover over mode which is super handy when using inter app audio apps ( which it is too unfortunately). It’s my desert island app. It’s the greatest!!!

3, aww shucks!! Thank you very much!!!

• @king_picadillo said:
    @sevenape, very nice! Tried to do something with OS a while back and failed. How did you get the sounds out of Oval Synth? I couldn’t find a way to get the sounds out and into BM3.

Thanks very much! OS is a pain in the ass connecting to anything, I just had it in Aum as an IAA and then stuck koala in the effects slot and sampled myself noodling on it. I’ve not found a way to actually get anything to control it unfortunately:(

Someone on here posted a very handy shortcut that made it when you recorded something it converted it in AudioShare into a usable file.

• @sevenape said:

@king_picadillo said:
    @sevenape, very nice! Tried to do something with OS a while back and failed. How did you get the sounds out of Oval Synth? I couldn’t find a way to get the sounds out and into BM3.

Thanks very much! OS is a pain in the ass connecting to anything, I just had it in Aum as an IAA and then stuck koala in the effects slot and sampled myself noodling on it. I’ve not found a way to actually get anything to control it unfortunately:(

Someone on here posted a very handy shortcut that made it when you recorded something it converted it in AudioShare into a usable file.

That was @seonnthaproducer

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@sevenape said:

@king_picadillo said:

That was @seonnthaproducer

Cheers! Thanks @seonthaproducer

• @sevenape thanks, I’ll look that up. It would not load as IAA in BM3 so looks like I’ll have to use @seonnthaproducer method.

• You could load it up into BM3 as an IAA and sample it that way.

Open it up first before instantiating it in BM3 though.

• @Gravitas that’s probably what I did wrong, thanks for the tip

• Positively oblate spheroid!

• Thanks everyone. Appreciate the support.