Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using multiple ipads with the alesis iodock

To cut to the chase, I use an ipad 2, with the iodock using loopy and turnado. It works great but it is much too slow. The solution would be to have two ipads, one dedicated for loopy and one for turnado. Ideally the ipads would communicate via midi so my fx stay in time. Is the possible, and if so how?

Thanks a ton!

Comments

• edited May 2014

In theory Yes. 2 iodocks hardwire midi connected or 2 iPads with wifi midi connection.

What is you second iPad?

If you had 2 I devices with Bluetooth LE(4) (iPad 3 and higher) you could use Apollo (App by SecretBaseDesign) for a Bluetooth midi connection between.

• @Ganthofer - How could a single ioDock use two ipads? And he just said he has an iPad2 which does not have BluetoothLE.
    Would love to see the hack on this.

• It's actually pretty easy. The IO Dock has my iPad 2 in it and I am running an iPad Air into a lightning CCK attached to an old M-audio MidiSport. Headphone out from the Air into the IO Dock's inputs.

• @b0bert0 - ..."2 iodocks"... but @Martygras method of using a CCK and MidiSport would be a little less costly. But any hardware that gives you Midi in/out from an iDevice could fill the spot to connect the second iDevice via midi.