Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jax

2»

Comments

• People believe different things but that does not mean that there is no such thing as truth or that all beliefs are equally reasonable/plausible. There may be topics that are by their nature subjective and where truth is irrelevant ... but that doesn't apply to everything.

It seems like the last few years we've had an increase in people abandoning the notion of consensus reality.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@NeuM said:
    If there’s something I’ve learned in my life, it’s that people have differing opinions about literally everything and there’s no singular “right answer” for anything.

No one cares about truth or right answers anymore. Its about opinions, echo chambers, and feefees.
    Nobody believes anything anymore.

People do believe, also more importantly there are people who care about truth.

The issues arise from ,'what do you believe or believe in? and ,'what is truth?'.
    It's okay to agree and it's okay to disagree but those beliefs will have side effects
    and it's whether those side effects fit into your own personal truth?
    the truth of those close you and then even further out to our neighbours,
    work places, entertainment, politics etc, etc

The long short of it.

I believe in ,'God', yeah God.
    Errrm so you must be blah de blah de blah.
    No mate, I believe in God and I'm going to force my God on you.

Problem.

I believe in ,'God', yeah God.
    Errrm so you must be blah de blah de blah.
    No mate, I believe in God and what God do you believe in?
    I don't believe in God,
    Oh cool, do you like food then?
    Yup.
    Nice.
    Fancy something to eat?
    Yup, wouldn't mind something.

That's it.

Either you're example one or example two.

Obviously the permutations are infinite but you get the gist.

Be cool.

Why not care?

It's good energy.

• @espiegel123 said:
    It seems like the last few years we've had an increase in people abandoning the notion of consensus reality.

This is more what i was getting at.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@espiegel123 said:

This is more what i was getting at.

It's the same thing.

I used belief in God as an example but the point is
    we can agree to disagree without fighting each other.

Yeah, there has been an increase in people abandoning
    consensus reality and you can't blame them for it.
    Look at the leadership over the past five years.
    "Fake News"
    "Ignore Science"
    "What you know isn't true because it's merely an opinion"

so inevitably people will start to create their own reality to cope.
    The sad thing is their coping mechanisms do not include anyone else
    because the world is becoming increasingly narcissistic and self centered.

• @Gravitas said:
    "Fake News"
    "Ignore Science"

You forgot "alternative facts" :-)

• @Simon said:

@Gravitas said:
    "Fake News"
    "Ignore Science"

You forgot "alternative facts" :-)

Opps, thanks for the reminder. :)

• I use these excuses with the wife when she thinks im spending too much on gear.
    "Stop it. You dont need another _____"
    "Why are you using these alternative facts? I thought you were a Bernie supporter"

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    I use these excuses with the wife when she thinks im spending too much on gear.
    "Stop it. You dont need another _____"
    "Why are you using these alternative facts? I thought you were a Bernie supporter"

Lololololol....

That's hilarious.

G.A.S will always find a good excuse. 😏

• Indunno why she still gets upset. Ive sold off more than 75% of my hardware, and purchased a fraction of that new.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Indunno why she still gets upset. Ive sold off more than 75% of my hardware, and purchased a fraction of that new.

Maybe she misses the old stuff???

• Ill be sure to ask her that now. Looolz

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Ill be sure to ask her that now. Looolz

If the answer is positive?

Life is great.

If it’s negative?

Send a message in musical morse code
    and we’ll come and rescue you.

Lololol

• I could always replace her with a roomba :open_mouth:

(im joking ladies...just jokes....)

• @espiegel123 said:
    Very few (i.e. bordering on none) iOS music apps generate enough revenue for another entity to purchase the rights to the app and milk the last revenue till it dies.

Selina and its sister apps were sold and died in such a manner. Those were really good apps though.

• @wim said:
    I meant I don't recall any music apps being sold to someone else and continuing to be viable after the developer no longer can or will maintain them. They just usually simply disappear.

Alchemy ☹️

• @NoiseHorse said:

@wim said:
    I meant I don't recall any music apps being sold to someone else and continuing to be viable after the developer no longer can or will maintain them. They just usually simply disappear.

Alchemy ☹️

But Apple bought that one and it’s in GarageBand now, albeit in a slightly different form.

• @NoiseHorse said:

@wim said:

Alchemy ☹️

That isn't what happened to Alchemy. The developers didn't abandon the app to someone else due to lack of interest. Apple bought the company (Camel Audio) to have the developers in house and Alchemy became one of the instruments bundled with Logic Pro. Apple plays up Alchemy as a key Logic Pro feature. Alchemy didn't disappear..it stopped being purchasable on its own.