Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[EXP] -=ExperimentED=- (an experiment in modular synthesis in Drambo) w/VS - Visual Synthesizer

I have a nice clean install of Drambo on my new M1 iPad Pro 12.9” 1TB. (Decided to set up this iPad as a “new” and start from a clean slate. This also means that I don’t have any of the patches from patchstorage on here either!

From my YouTube channel:

I love conducting audio experiments in Drambo! I built the rack on track one from scratch today (no easy downloads from patch storage!), nope, I decided that I wanted to try and create something from scratch, and the Wavetable oscillator is where I started. Then, I stuck an Amp Envelope generator on it so I could use a MIDI controller to play some notes, and discovered it has a “Loop” switch, so I enabled that, which then led me to discover I could control the speed of the envelope loop with the decay knob… well what better thing to control a knob than the graphic modulator!

I was able to draw in a sequenced mangle into the graphic modulator, controlling the decay knob. Figured I shouldn’t stop there, and added another “G-Mod” to control the position of said wavetable. Then, a third G-Mod to control the speed and direction of G-Mod #2. Super interesting results!

Once I had that going, I figured I’d go ahead and create a piece of music out of it. Started adding more tracks…

Hammerhead Rhythm Station AU for drums on Drambo’s main with each of the drum sounds wired to their own individual tracks, for individual effects and processing.

Synths used:

Aparillo
House: Mark I
ID700
PureSynth Platinum
GeoSWAM Cello
Several Drambo modules including “April Pluck” and several Drambo effect modules (Plate reverb, Delay FX, etc)

Additional effects:

SoundSAW
Eventide Blackhole reverb
Kosmonaut delay

Several MIDI channels routed to VS - VisualSynthesizer for the visuals. CapCut video editor for final processing and effects.

I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did creating it!

Please let me know what you think! All feedback is much appreciated!

• Edward

Comments

• edited August 2021

Really cool stuff. Great to see Drambo growing under your guidance and nurturing 👊🏼™️

• @echoopera said:
    Really cool stuff. Great to see Drambo growing under your guidance and nurturing 👊🏼™️

Thank you! 🙏 Really means a lot coming from you!

• edited August 2021

Btw I think I’ve got a handle on the basics now @echoopera

You and I both know this is just basic stuff. I keep wanting to go to the next level in Drambo, and learn how to really use some modules to build the things I want. It feels like cheating to throw an Audio unit synth plugin on a track - when I’ve really only barely scratched the surface of Drambo…

I mean, I still haven’t even figured out how to use the A————>B slider thing yet lol! (I really don’t see myself ever using it anyway)

So I guess what I’m saying is, every time I sit down to learn a little more about Drambo, I start jamming out and all this music starts pouring out with just the basic tools on the surface, that I totally forget about trying to learn about modular synthesis, and that’s the beauty of Drambo ❤️

Edit: Btwx2, this was the 3rd piece published yesterday, and the 3rd new piece published from the new M1 IPP 12.9”!

“Seeee” as I tell the girlfriend “See how much more productive I am with the new iPad Pro!?” (Still trying to justify the cost here)

• I am surely enjoying it a lot 🥰
    You guys inspire me to make better use of Drambo too.
    Although, as of now, any use will be good already 😂

• Super cool Edward. Wonderful patch you made

• @senhorlampada said:
    I am surely enjoying it a lot 🥰
    You guys inspire me to make better use of Drambo too.
    Although, as of now, any use will be good already 😂

@Toastedghost said:
    Super cool Edward. Wonderful patch you made

Thanks guys! I do appreciate the listens!