Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Just SAY NO to cigarettes!!🚬 🚬 🚬 🚬

edited July 2021 in Other

So I decided to reward myself for quitting smoking (again! This time for good!) A little something to remind myself what kind of nice things we can have if we just let go of the smokes!

Got myself the new M1 iPad Pro 12.9” 5th Gen w/1TB!

I couldn’t take it any more guys, every time I had a project coming along nicely, I’d start maxing out my DSPs and everything would eventually start breaking up and become a huge crackle-fest.

Not to mention trying to open older projects, only to discover that ipadOS had removed a few apps that I was using because I have been out of storage space on this 64GB iPad Pro 11” from 2018

Comments

• LOL! I used to vape nicotine for almost 2 years. I quit with nicotine gum in a matter of days, not weeks. Vaping and smoking is a fucking waste of money.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    LOL! I used to vape nicotine for almost 2 years. I quit with nicotine gum in a matter of days, not weeks. Vaping and smoking is a fucking waste of money.

For real! I smoked my last cigarette on May 31st.

Been almost two whole months and feels great!!

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    LOL! I used to vape nicotine for almost 2 years. I quit with nicotine gum in a matter of days, not weeks. Vaping and smoking is a fucking waste of money.

Congratulations!!! 😃 That's great news.

For me, it was September 22nd of last year I dumped all that shit out and weened off with nicotine gum. :) I didn't crave another vape for about three months, and then I started craving that throat bump. So, now I chew Extra Polar Ice gum whenever I crave a cooling throat bump.

• Good job!!!!!!! Now you need to not work so much and you are set!!! 😁

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

For me, it was September 22nd of last year I dumped all that shit out and weened off with nicotine gum. :) I didn't crave another vape for about three months, and then I started craving that throat bump. So, now I chew Extra Polar Ice gum whenever I crave a cooling throat bump.

Thanks! Yeah I’ve been swapping out my nicotine gum for regular gum to be done with that as well.

• @onerez said:
    Good job!!!!!!! Now you need to not work so much and you are set!!! 😁

Thanks, I’m actually taking the first week of August for vacation.

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Thanks! Yeah I’ve been swapping out my nicotine gum for regular gum to be done with that as well.

Awesome! :D What's your favourite go-to flavour of regular gum?

• I badly need a new iPad. So I'm thinking it might be worthwhile taking up smoking so that I can quit and reward myself with one. So, my question is: how long do you need to smoke and for how long do you need to have quit in order to qualify? I'm willing to make this sacrifice as long as the total elapsed time isn't too great.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Awesome! :D What's your favourite go-to flavour of regular gum?

I don’t know that I have a favorite. I think I buy something different every time lol. I like Extra. I also have been buying the Altoids mints. Oh and Jelly Belly jelly beans omg!

• @wim said:
    I badly need a new iPad. So I'm thinking it might be worthwhile taking up smoking so that I can quit and reward myself with one. So, my question is: how long do you need to smoke and for how long do you need to have quit in order to qualify? I'm willing to make this sacrifice as long as the total elapsed time isn't too great.

Haha wouldn’t recommend it my friend.

After smoking for near 40 years, at 52, my body is starting to tell me that all that smoking wasn’t such a great idea.

My way of justifying this purchase, was that I was spending anywhere between 150 to 200 bucks a month on cigarettes. So I can surely afford to finance this new iPad on my Apple CC for 55 bucks a month.

• edited July 2021

And shoot, for another 10 bucks a month, I even treated myself to a nice little iCloud upgrade.

That’s 3TB total now 🤙

• @wim said:
    I badly need a new iPad. So I'm thinking it might be worthwhile taking up smoking so that I can quit and reward myself with one. So, my question is: how long do you need to smoke and for how long do you need to have quit in order to qualify? I'm willing to make this sacrifice as long as the total elapsed time isn't too great.

@wim i smoked enough for the both of us. So in the spirit of sharing…. You actually now qualify for a new iPad. If I need to talk to the wife let me know. 😂

• Don’t tell me what to do 😂

• That’s great news, Ed. Let us know how the iPad works out.👍👍👍

• @Edward_Alexander said
    My way of justifying this purchase, was that I was spending anywhere between 150 to 200 bucks a month on cigarettes. So I can surely afford to finance this new iPad on my Apple CC for 55 bucks a month.

I do this all the time lol, but I don’t know if I’m just blowing smoke up my own ass so I can justify something I don’t need, or if it’s a really financially logical approach lol.

Either way good job!!!

• edited July 2021

@Edward_Alexander said:
    So I decided to reward myself for quitting smoking (again! This time for good!) A little something to remind myself what kind of nice things we can have if we just let go of the smokes!

Got myself the new M1 iPad Pro 12.9” 5th Gen w/1TB!

LOL, well played mate. I didn’t see this punchline coming.
    I don’t smoke but I might try this idea at my wife regardless and see if it gets me an M1 Pro. Or a night in exile in the shed. 😶

• @wim said:

Good news: Ed’s justifying it with future savings so you don’t need to take up smoking at all; you can go straight to the part where you buy the M1 and start saving 😐

• quitters never win.

;)

• Congratulations! I’ve never smoked but certainly playing bar gigs over the years I breathed in enough. I was very happy when smoking was no longer allowed indoors around here. I know it’s not easy to quit though, so congratulations and I hope it stays.

• I tried to quit by using nicotine gum.

I couldn’t keep it lit.

• everything would eventually start breaking up and become a huge crackle-fest.
    and that was just your lungs?
    and why did you get a new ipad? just binn the fags (that’s what they call ‘em in Yorkshire)

• Not to be an ass, but: Quitting is easy, not starting again is the hard part ;). Better make yourself a plan how you don't start again, speaking from experience.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @iOSTRAKON said:
    Don’t tell me what to do 😂

lol just a suggestion Sir!

@LinearLineman said:
    That’s great news, Ed. Let us know how the iPad works out.👍👍👍

Thanks Mike, so far, I’m blown away at the amount of power I’m holding in my hands! And the storage? Omg the storage!

@icsleepers said:

@Edward_Alexander said

I do this all the time lol, but I don’t know if I’m just blowing smoke up my own ass so I can justify something I don’t need, or if it’s a really financially logical approach lol.

Either way good job!!!

Thanks!

I think in the “financially logical” world, this is still a pretty dumb move. I mean, let’s face it, an iPad (unless you’re using it for a real job or school) is a luxury item… especially one like this one; the latest and greatest, all the bells and whistles, newest tech and features… all things I could live without.

I definitely don’t “need” it, although the amateur recording artist in me may argue with you lol!

@ervin said:

@wim said:

Good news: Ed’s justifying it with future savings so you don’t need to take up smoking at all; you can go straight to the part where you buy the M1 and start saving 😐

Makes sense to me! lolz

@mrufino1 said:
    Congratulations! I’ve never smoked but certainly playing bar gigs over the years I breathed in enough. I was very happy when smoking was no longer allowed indoors around here. I know it’s not easy to quit though, so congratulations and I hope it stays.

Thank you!

• @skiphunt said:
    quitters never win.

;)

🤪

@rottencat said:
    I tried to quit by using nicotine gum.

I couldn’t keep it lit.

😂

@Toastedghost said:
    everything would eventually start breaking up and become a huge crackle-fest.
    and that was just your lungs?
    and why did you get a new ipad? just binn the fags (that’s what they call ‘em in Yorkshire)

Yeah I don’t even want to talk about my lungs ( or what’s left of them!) ughhh

If I’m going to continue trying to make music on this platform, an upgrade was badly needed. The 64GB IPP 11” from 2018 was showing its age and limitations.

@FloRi89 said:
    Not to be an ass, but: Quitting is easy, not starting again is the hard part ;). Better make yourself a plan how you don't start again, speaking from experience.

No worries, this ain’t my first rodeo either! I quit for about a year the last time (couple years ago), then, one day we had some friends over for a party, cooking out on the grill and a couple buddies with cigars, and everyone drinking, smoking (everything!) next thing you know I’m smoking again like an idiot…

@d4d0ug said:
    I’ve been addicted to the gum for years

Yeah this is the part that worries me with the gum. Like I’m just trading one addiction for another..

• I can go for months without a cigarette, so long as I don't set a rule that I'm not allowed one. If I do that, it becomes a thing.

Switching from Marlboro reds to additive-free rollies is where I struggled (~3 years of trying about 15 years ago) but this stuff hasn't had the same hold on me. I still keep tobacco in the house (in the fridge, for freshness) but I rarely smoke now. A 30g pouch (~1oz.) lasts about 6-9 months these days, whereas it used to be about ten days.

I've been nursing a theory that the Hays code is responsible for a lot of smoking's popularity throughout the 20th century. Movie stars using cigarettes to suggest sexuality, because it was 'immoral' to show it in other ways. Cigarettes were romanticised as a part of the shame machinery.

Hopefully it's on the way out, over the next generation or two.

• Hails buddy! You deserve whatever,And remind yourself how you used to be and how you are now! I quit with by utilizing the vape, but any method that works is ace. Cheers.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I’m not a quitter, so can’t do...
    you can edit the thread title for a month, or just create another one when you quit quitting :)
    good old days when the average life expectancy was 30-40y... who knows, maybe another pandemic?

• I was just kidding about "quitters never win" lol

Seriously... I stopped smoking cold turkey. The first time I stopped it was for a drug study where I wasn't supposed to be a smoker, so there was a financial incentive. It wasn't that hard and I knew I could pick it right back up after the study. Only, I didn't have any desire to so I went with it.

Fast forward a year later... I traveled to Peru and had the B&B pick me up from the airport. When we arrived the Belgian owner, behind a beautiful mahogany bar, said "Welcome to Peru! First drink is on the house." So, I had a few drinks with him and he lit up a cigarette. It seemed like a cigarette would go so nicely with that experience. I asked if I could have one.

That was it. One cigarette and I was right back to nearly 2 packs a day.

A couple years later I had a vision in the desert. Whatever entity was presenting this vision, conveyed to me that I could smoke all I wanted up until a particular birthday. Then I must stop. If I ignored the warning... I was shown a glimpse of my future.

In the vision I was in the hospital. Some friends came to visit me. I suggested we go outside to the smoking area. We walked down the hallway and I was pushing an I.V. pole. When we got to the smoking area we all lit up. I remember being confused as to why I wasn't bringing my cigarette up to my mouth to smoke.

Then I realized... I was smoking out of a tracheostomy tube.

I'd had similarly strange visions before and they had all came to pass. So, on that birthday... at midnight... I took my last puff and then threw the rest of my tobacco into the fire.

Stopping smoking was the hardest thing I've ever done, but a few things helped me.

1. words matter. Notice I've said that I "stopped" smoking vs "quit" smoking? That's because psychologically or subconsciously the word "quit" meant that I was giving up on something... or that I was defeated. Always saying that I "stopped" smoking, meant that it was MY decision and that I would be victorious over the addiction.

2. I replaced the oral fixation with regular chewing gum. Not the nicotine kind, but just something to keep my mouth occupied.

3. I got one of those one-hitters that looks like a cigarette. The hole in it was fairly small and the intake resistance was similar to that of a cigarette. So, I could go through the motions of smoking... sometimes with others that were smoking... but not actually be inhaling a cigarette. More of a crutch to get me through weak moments. If I didn't have the one-hitter with me, I'd put my index and middle fingers together and sort of adjust a gap that felt approximately like the intake resistance of a cigarette.

All worked for me. I haven't smoked in 13 years.

Good luck to all who decide they're tired of being slaves to the tobacco industry and decide to STOP smoking today. :)