Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video...Sound Prism Pro...Sound Pack Demo

OK so everyone here will be familar with this but I thought I'd demo it anyway, but focus on the various sound packs available

Comments

• Coaxed me into a purchase... You're the devil.

• edited May 2014

I doubt you'll regret it :)

One of my first app purchases and one of my all time favourites.

• Thanks, Doug.
    I never thought about soundpacks...until today. :(

• Bought it (earlier) because I wanted to support the AB team and because it was easy to load up and create sounds, but I've used it very little as a MIDI controller. I should pick it up again and try to write something with it. (Thanks for the video, Doug!)

• After going through the online tutorial for this app, my mouth is agape. I wish all app developers would take the time to create such thorough documentation of the different ways to use their apps.

• When I use the app, I am usually driving ThumbJam, Animoog, or another app. Is there really much reason why I should look into getting more of the sound packages available on Sound Prism?

• I always use it, it would be nice if they could add IAA

• Damn... I have to get them too. Appoholism strikes. Yay - SP is classic

• Just you wait. There are some cool things coming up later this year for Soundprism Pro. New Soundpacks and....other cool stuff.

• Thanks for the great videos...

• @OliverImseng said:

Just you wait. ....other cool stuff.

hell yes!

• @OliverImseng said:

hell yes!

• @OliverImseng said:

hell yes!

• edited May 2014

String could not be parsed as XML

• Hell yes!

• There is no delete post button to delete posts created by webinterface glitches, hell no ;)

• Hell yes!

Any chance that setting separate velocities for each side of the instrument are a part of those changes? I often have trouble hearing the bass notes with most sounds.

• and separate bass and chords accelerometer stuff would be cool :)

• Gabriel and Sebastian have a lot of cool ideas and even I had the honor and pleasure of pitching an idea or two but there is nothing I would be or feel allowed to tell yet apart of that its going to be a lot lot lot of fun :)

I am sure Sebastian and Gabriel will put out the announcments when they feel its ready to do so. Don't count the days though :)

• @syrupcore said:

Hell yes!

Any chance that setting separate velocities for each side of the instrument are a part of those changes? I often have trouble hearing the bass notes with most sounds.

That is in my experience due to the way SB Pro works and the Soundsets have been created. In that regard newer soundpacks should not show this behaviour as much some of the current sounds.

• 'Gabriel' = Michael ? ;)

• Seperate hold buttons for chord and bass would be nice :)

• edited May 2014

Somekind of blinking light that reads midiclock and flahes on the one in the beat
    so i dont have to rock myself like an idiot to keep the tempo :)

• Save the midi and expression shebang with the ab2 preset
    Incl. shifted notes in all scales

• On option to make some notes, so i can write down some chords or config notes or songtext ...

• @lala said:

On option to make some notes, so i can write down some chords or config notes or songtext ...

Would love to see that in AB, actually — saved along with the preset.

@OliverImseng said:

@syrupcore said:

That is in my experience due to the way SB Pro works and the Soundsets have been created. In that regard newer soundpacks should not show this behaviour as much some of the current sounds.

It happens for me with some sounds over virtual midi as well. I'm assuming it's mostly coming down to physics - I'm playing 3-6 notes, sometimes with overlapping release tails, on the right and a single note on the left. The right is going to win unless I can hit the bass harder.

• @syrupcore said:

@lala said:

On option to make some notes, so i can write down some chords or config notes or songtext ...

Would love to see that in AB, actually — saved along with the preset.

uh, somebody make an app that does it!
    Throwing money against screen