Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Specific Possession" Minimal Trance Created in Korg Gadget

So here's my next Minimal music experiment called "Specific Possession". It's a faster piece of Minimal, and I tried to shoot for a more Trance feel in this piece. I tried the techniques that @R_2 recently discussed in his thread here.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/976135/#Comment_976135

Anyways, this is the track...

...and here's how the track breaks down.

The sidechain is driven by CHat Detroit in Recife as usual. The kick, clap, and toms are synthesised by Tokyo. The hi hats are CHat Chicago 1 and OHat Detroit in Recife.

The rumbling subbass is Dublin, and the rolling 16th note bass is Chicago.

The pads are Pompei, and the Squarewave synth is Montpellier.

Finally, we have an intermittent synth instead of a crash cymbal, produced by Kingston. (Yes, the videogame synth wound up in a piece of Minimal. ^_^ )

Of course as usual, this piece was mastered in Cubasis 3 with MagicDeathEyeStereo, BarkFilter, and TB Barricade.

Cheers and enjoy. 😃

Comments

• Those polymeter hihats are doing their job nicely 🎲
    Would love to hear them a bit louder in the mix.
    Have you tried adding some polymeter stuff to the toms?

• I’m glad someone’s using Gadget’s random naming feature!

• Wow! What a ride!
    Nice arrangement, it connects very well and has smooth transitions. I like this faster tempo more to be honest. So good job!
    Your track production tempo is up to speed as well :D

• Awesome track, brother. 💖💖💖

• Okay, time to catch up with the replies here. :)

@R_2 said:
    Those polymeter hihats are doing their job nicely 🎲
    Would love to hear them a bit louder in the mix.
    Have you tried adding some polymeter stuff to the toms?

True, the hihats should be a bit louder in the mix. I did add a little bit of polymeter stuff to the toms towards the beginning. But overall the meter for the toms is 4/4. If memory serves proper, the hats are 5/4. The swelling pad is 7/4 (the swell happens on the first beat of the 7/4). Etc. ;) Some of the polymeter stuff is a bit more subtle, and some of it is obvious. x'D

@supadom said:
    I’m glad someone’s using Gadget’s random naming feature!

LOL! I actually used it three times and combined two words from two separate titles. ;)

@Bob said:
    Wow! What a ride!
    Nice arrangement, it connects very well and has smooth transitions. I like this faster tempo more to be honest. So good job!
    Your track production tempo is up to speed as well :D

Thanks mate. :) The faster tempo worked well here. ^_^ I mostly like the slower tempos when producing these Minimal tracks. Don't know why. :)

@senhorlampada said:
    Awesome track, brother. 💖💖💖

Thanks mate. ^_^ Cheers.

• So I missed this. Nice track!!! It’s amazing to me what can come out of Gadget. Good Job!!!

• @onerez said:
    So I missed this. Nice track!!! It’s amazing to me what can come out of Gadget. Good Job!!!

Thank you so much mate. :) I appreciate it. ^_^ Gadget is so perfect for all of my wicked sonic experiments in Minimalism.