Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hitting the right values in Gauss using MIDI CC [solved]

I’m trying to control the tape speed in Gauss using MIDI CCs (in an AUM session) but I’m having trouble hitting precise values.

Example: MIDI CC value 63 gives me tape speed -0,02x and 64 gives me 0,02. This way I am unable to get the exact zero speed.

Any ideas?

@brambos

Comments

• @janpieter said:
    I’m trying to control the tape speed in Gauss using MIDI CCs (in an AUM session) but I’m having trouble hitting precise values.

Example: MIDI CC value 63 gives me tape speed -0,02x and 64 gives me 0,02. This way I am unable to get the exact zero speed.

Any ideas?

Yes, there's a separate AU Parameter specifically for hitting the "dotted speeds" accurately.

It's one of the drawbacks of the old MIDI specs: there is no center value for MIDI CC.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @brambos said:

@janpieter said:

Any ideas?

Yes, there's a separate AU Parameter specifically for hitting the "dotted speeds" accurately.

It's one of the drawbacks of the old MIDI specs: there is no center value for MIDI CC.

That must be the snap-speeds parameter. Thank you for pointing that out (and including it)!

• @janpieter said:

@brambos said:

@janpieter said:

Any ideas?

That must be the snap-speeds parameter. Thank you for pointing that out (and including it)!

You do loose continuity using the snap speed parameter as it jumps between the "dotted parameters". I wouldn't mind if in the regular speed option for instance both CC 63 and 64 would map to tape speed zero (and an analog solution for the other dotted values). That would be the best of both worlds..

• edited June 2021

@janpieter said:

@janpieter said:

@brambos said:

@janpieter said:

Any ideas?

You do loose continuity using the snap speed parameter as it jumps between the "dotted parameters". I wouldn't mind if in the regular speed option for instance both CC 63 and 64 would map to tape speed zero (and an analog solution for the other dotted values). That would be the best of both worlds..

When you use MIDI mapping in AUM, you can adjust the range of the parameter adjustment. If you make the range 0-99%, you lose the very top value, but now MIDI 64 maps to the center of the range 0-128. I don't have Gauss, but tested this with the Morph parameter in ID700, and it works as described.

Edit: It's a little tricky to get this right, but it is possible.

• @uncledave said:

@janpieter said:

@janpieter said:

@brambos said:

@janpieter said:

Any ideas?

When you use MIDI mapping in AUM, you can adjust the range of the parameter adjustment. If you make the range 0-99%, you lose the very top value, but now MIDI 64 maps to the center of the range 0-128. I don't have Gauss, but tested this with the Morph parameter in ID700, and it works as described.

Edit: It's a little tricky to get this right, but it is possible.

Thank you!