Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

O! Hammerhead is my delight

I put a bunch of wineglass samples into HH, twisted some knobs and this was the result:

Comments

• This is awesome! Also reminds me that I have a bunch of samples I took of these super expensive wind chimes at our neighborhood hardware store. Yeah these wind chimes are like $500 - 600 a set! Hand made blah blah.. I took samples of all of them one day with Koala lol

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    This is awesome! Also reminds me that I have a bunch of samples I took of these super expensive wind chimes at our neighborhood hardware store. Yeah these wind chimes are like $500 - 600 a set! Hand made blah blah.. I took samples of all of them one day with Koala lol

Thank you for your kind words. It would seem that Hammerhead is being marketed as a drum machine but I feel that that sells it extremely short of all it’s capable of.

Anyway, get to work on those wind chimes!

• Pretty neat. 👍

• Awesome! Loving all of the non drum machine applications of Hammerhead! Can't wait to explore for dark ambient/noise/etc

• Awesome! Loving all of the non drum machine applications of Hammerhead! Can't wait to explore for dark ambient/noise/etc.
    Also... really love how spacious you got this to sound.

• Great track. Now you’ve got me interested.

• Great sounds !

• ❤️ it! Fantastic sounds.. super atmospheric.. that’s a HUGE luscious space.. cool video too.. 👍

I wonder if Bram knows what kind of monster he’s created here.. 🤪

• Nice track !

• Thanks everyone!

When I first read about Hammerhead I thought it was just another drum machine. In reality, it’s so much more than that.

Thanks, too, @brambos!

• I love this and I also love the visuals.

• Weirdly awesome. Really love what you got going there

• This is nice!. 👍👏Did you program it or is it played live?. Do you have a video orar the performance?. Would love to see how you approached this.

• @tahiche I played it live. The setup was a simple one, so simple that I’m almost embarrassed by it. Five wineglass samples of various tones that I muted and unmuted as the piece went on. I ran it through Lofionic Duplicat and the Eventide Blackhole in AUM, where I recorded it. I smoothed it out a little in Final Touch and that was that.

The video is an old public domain Army instructional film that I messed with using Luma FX.

The sound was married to the visuals in iMovie.

• @rottencat said:
    I put a bunch of wineglass samples into HH, twisted some knobs and this was the result:

Fantastic job, works great with the visuals as well

• @rottencat said:
    Thanks everyone!

When I first read about Hammerhead I thought it was just another drum machine. In reality, it’s so much more than that.

Thanks, too, @brambos!

Hey, I like this piece :)

As much as I'm a fan of Bram's apps (have them all) I too have kind of written off Hammerhead as another drum machine. I barely ever use the drum machines I already have.

You say this one is "so much more than that". Can you say how it's so much more than "just another drum machine"?

• @skiphunt Given the modulation possibilities and the ability to add samples you can make sounds that are nothing like a 909. In that way it’s similar to my Digitakt which, although I’ve had it for few years, I very rarely use for drum sounds.

Here’s another, assembled entirely in Hammerhead.

• Ooohh... I like this one a lot too. Not at all what I was expecting from this app. I'm sure there's a good deal of user skill/creativity that went into it as well.

How would you rate the learning curve of Hammerhead?

@rottencat said:
    @skiphunt Given the modulation possibilities and the ability to add samples you can make sounds that are nothing like a 909. In that way it’s similar to my Digitakt which, although I’ve had it for few years, I very rarely use for drum sounds.

Here’s another, assembled entirely in Hammerhead.

• Both these tracks are great! Either Hammerhead is really good, your really good, or both.

And yeah, I had kind of written it off as another drum machine too, although I was planning to grab it at some point, because BB. But, hearing these I think I’ll get it to play around with this weekend.

• I thank you both for your kind words.

@skiphunt the learning curve couldn’t be less steep. Everything is very logically presented. It’s one of the rare apps where I can say that nothing stymied me along the way.

All hail the great @brambos!

@nickneek, believe me I’m not that good. If you record something I’d be interested to hear it.

• @rottencat said:
    I thank you both for your kind words.

@skiphunt the learning curve couldn’t be less steep. Everything is very logically presented. It’s one of the rare apps where I can say that nothing stymied me along the way.

All hail the great @brambos!

@nickneek, believe me I’m not that good. If you record something I’d be interested to hear it.

Well, I think you sold me on it.

Thanks!