Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis freezing tracks results in clipping audio

Hi everyone,

I always end up hitting high DSP levels so I recently started working in Cubasis to enjoy crackling free audio thanks to the option to freeze tracks.
So I'm freezing some tracks in Cubasis, but the rendered files all end up clipping. I have checked my volumes and gains before freezing. I also verified the settings for mixdown: tried with and without normalizing, no difference. Also changed the latency audio settings.

To no avail...
In one instance I'm not able to delete a speficic audio track with such a rendered file, wonder why?
Some frozen tracks display greyed out events with the frozen icon.
Some other frozen tracks do not and the events show green without any icon.

What am I missing here?

Comments

• Which Cubasis version are you on? iOS device? Are you using an interface, and what’s the sample rate you’re working in?

I don’t have any answers, but I’ve had a few bouncing/freezing issues myself that I’m going to guess were the result of sample rate discrepancies.

• Bob, Bob Bob….. where have you been buddy!! If you want maybe send the project to me and I can see if it does it on my brand new M1 iPad Pro 😎. No really @ipadbeatmaking makes some good points… more info would be great. Take care man we will get you sorted out.

• Thanks guys, I have tried with high latency settings and disconnected from my audio interface and that seemed to have helped on a small render. Will check for the longer tracks.
    @ipadbeatmaking , thanks for reaching out, love your videos, man! I have an ipad pro 2020 connected to steinberg UR22C.
    @onerez , Thanks mate, will send you the file if the problem persists. I have had back to back issues reaching cpu ceiling on all my options so far. Heavy duty mixbox usage, can’t help it 😭...I just like this app on all my tracks. NS worked great but I’m relieved to have moved to Cubasis for the audio part. All I need now is to freeze my tracks and finaly start working on finishing my first bloody IOS track! Its been a joy to jam but having nothing finished makes me crave...
    Will keep you posted 🤗

• @Bob said:
    Thanks guys, I have tried with high latency settings and disconnected from my audio interface and that seemed to have helped on a small render. Will check for the longer tracks.

Be very careful unplugging the interface before renders. I lost a project like that due to sample rate weirdness from being at 96k then it forcing 48k or something like that. It’s happened a couple times. And was unsalvageable each time. I lost valuable vocal takes for a song and it’s since thrown my trust of Cubasis into a tailspin for important vocal tracking duties.

The one common denominator was unplugging that interface before a freeze, render, mixdown etc.

@ipadbeatmaking , thanks for reaching out, love your videos, man! I have an ipad pro 2020 connected to steinberg UR22C.

Thanks 🙏 😊 What sample rate are you generally working in?

@onerez , Thanks mate, will send you the file if the problem persists. I have had back to back issues reaching cpu ceiling on all my options so far. Heavy duty mixbox usage, can’t help it 😭...I just like this app on all my tracks.

Is it possible to ‘group’ some tracks under the same mixbox settings to save resources? Or does that kill your creative vision?

NS worked great but I’m relieved to have moved to Cubasis for the audio part. All I need now is to freeze my tracks and finaly start working on finishing my first bloody IOS track! Its been a joy to jam but having nothing finished makes me crave...
    Will keep you posted 🤗

• BobBob
    edited June 2021

After having tried dozens of different settings to create non clipping renders by freezing tracks I have finally found it.

My sample rate is 48 standard, I disconnect from my audio interface.
    In the Cubasis audio settings I set the "device latency" to the lowest value 1.3 ms
    Below that I set the "audio engine" latency OFF
    "Background Audio" ON
    "Studio Quality" ON
    In the mixdown settings I set the "real-time mixdown and freeze" ON
    And then finaly on the same page I ACTIVATE the "track freeze uses mixdown settings"
    And select the 3 first options excluding the normalize for mixdown.

It takes a while but it works. Let's FREEZE :)

• @Bob said:
    After having tried dozens of different settings to create non clipping renders by freezing tracks I have finally found it.

My sample rate is 48 standard, I disconnect from my audio interface.
    In the Cubasis audio settings I set the "device latency" to the lowest value 1.3 ms
    Below that I set the "audio engine" latency OFF
    "Background Audio" ON
    "Studio Quality" ON
    In the mixdown settings I set the "real-time mixdown and freeze" ON
    And then finaly on the same page I ACTIVATE the "track freeze uses mixdown settings"
    And select the 3 first options excluding the normalize for mixdown.

It takes a while but it works. Let's FREEZE :)

Glad that you got it worked out!!! Now lets hear that new banger. 😁