Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

It seems Intua (Beatmaker) are cooking something up

Fresh from the Intua forum:

Hi everyone !

We are sorry for the lack of communication recently! We are working very hard in developing our new app. We carefully read and analyzed all your constructive comments and feedback and we are going to take BeatMaker to a whole new level.

Also, we're now working with a new collaborator for all your support needs.

Stay tuned for more development updates !
All the best and thanks to everyone who supports us.

The INTUA team.

Link: http://intua.net/forums/discussion/3981/can-we-please-get-a-update-on-bm-

Comments

• Sounds very very interesting good to see they are still supporting iOS music.

• Nice one. Whatever needs paying I will as I'm heavily indebted to Intua for the wicked BM2. Cheers guys!

• Yep it's gonna be much better than beatmaker 2 as that was all based around the ipad1 when the fx etc where designed.

• Cool, thanks :-)

• Well my curiosity's piqued...

• Ditto

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• edited May 2014

Bm2 has been my ios back bone. Its what got me started doing this. Good to hear as i was starting to give up on intua. Im still some what irked by their lack of communication, so i hope they win me (and im sure others) back with some serious BEATMAKING!

• Received this in an email recently from Sebastien at Intua:

"...Thanks for your interest about Beatmaker 2.

We actually work on a new version of Beatmaker (not an update, a new full version). So we hard work to have a new file management system. We also look to have the soundbank optional to save some space...

Seb"

All great news...

And in a follow up email re. release timeline:

"We actually on development part, so we don't have any release date yet...
    Check our facebook & website to have some news."

• So it might very well be a BeatMaker 3.

• B3ATMAK3R..... but looking forward to NANO2TUDIO more. :)

• BM2 is still my favorite sequencer. And my favorite drum machine. Can't wait to see what they do to improve upon it.

• BM3 great but what about all the IAP sound packs I purchased in BM2? Damn!!

• Exciting news, thanks! Still my favorite, happy to see continued development :)

• can we export our bm2 kits to bm3?

• Been looking to get this one, hoping for a sale (with the update?)... But this piques my interest!

• It won't be until after Nanostudio 2 comes out; for inspirational reasons.

3 year old grudges aside... This should be interesting. I hope they keep all the wonderful bits and rethink the architecture/ux/workflow and reuse as much existing wonderful as possible. Beatmaker is pretty awesome, crippled for me by the way you move around the app and by the way files are handled. Better effects and an actual synth would be great additions as well.

I really don't think it needs much more than that. Not that that's a trivial amount of work but I mean to say it's not like the app is at all lacking in features in this point.

• edited May 2014

@syrupcore said:

It won't be until after Nanostudio 2 comes out; for inspirational reasons.

Snigger! ;)

• @SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:

It won't be until after Nanostudio 2 comes out; for inspirational reasons.

Snigger! ;)

;-)

• NanoStudio never did bother with Virtual MIDI, did they... shame, I was quite fond of the interface.

• @truyorky, You can use them in beatmaker 3 as we'll. If u have any of mine then u will be able to download a beatmaker 3 version for free. I'm waiting for the new app to drop before releasing anything new for beatmaker. Except an update for biohazard.

• @nic_b_nice said:

Bm2 has been my ios back bone. Its what got me started doing this. Good to hear as i was starting to give up on intua. Im still some what irked by their lack of communication, so i hope they win me (and im sure others) back with some serious BEATMAKING!

+1 to everything! :)

• edited May 2014

INTUA definitely has something good cooking.

• @dumbledog said:

NanoStudio never did bother with Virtual MIDI, did they... shame, I was quite fond of the interface.

It has midi in....

• edited May 2014

Nanostudio treats .mid files better than BM2 in my opinion, you can import them with Open In... instead of using BM2's FTP. Too bad it doesn't have MIDI out, we would all use it... Not to mention that NS is lighter than BM2 which has heavy, not-so-good samples.

• I am excited for either a NanoStudio 2 or BeatMaker 3, but only if the former actually supports audio tracks like a true DAW and if the latter does things to make its file system manageable and the overall app more streamlined. Almost wish there was like a Beatmaker 3 LE, where they offered the DAW functionality (and maybe some of its core interrelated effects/features) as a stripped down version and kept it at 100MB or less.

I grabbed NanoStudio on 1/2 off sale pretty much for Eden alone - it's a terrific synth! It just happens to be saddled within a dated half-DAW format that I don't use for assembling tracks.

MT DAW is the furthest thing from perfect, but nothing has yet to unseat it as my go-to app for assembling basic tracks.

• To me the thing of MTDaw's lightness as a multitrack recorder was true before the last update. I didn't carry out any formal testing but I found it as heavy as BM2 when it came to recording no frills audio. I know people on this forum get super excited about Auria and Cubasis but in terms of overall stability and 'do it all' characteristics Beatmaker 2'has been the king of the jungle as far as I'm concerned.

• You can sort of "do it all" in BMII. Issues like the short throw faders in the mix window(besides the file handling) just suk too much. Like most others, BMII is my sample-based drum machine tho.

• @digitalresonance cool, I look forward to that. I love Biohazard.

• Absolutely agree w supadom's post. I can do all of the things that I want to do in an environment that is stable in BM2. I don't get that from Cubasis or Auria or anything else at this point. Eventually I really hope that other apps are 'inspired' by BM2's keyboard sampler. The thing is like a mini Kontakt, it works so well when streaming samples from the iPad's SSD. I get more mileage out of my ipad 2 this way than I was ever able to squeeze out of my PC with 2 gigs of RAM. Really amazing stuff. I hope that BM3 doesn't compromise stability.