Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Smallest interface with at least 6 inputs?

2»

Comments

• Depends on the app I think. My UFX+ shows multiple inputs in Auria in class compliant mode, but not in Cubasis sadly.

• Ended up with a 2nd gen 18i8 for $220. Works perfectly. It’s a bit heavy, but the deal made it worth it.

• @echoopera said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    I already have an 18i8 and thought about selling it in favor of the MOTU Ultralite Mk5.

Then I decided to apply the difference in price towards a Zoom H6 instead, as I don't have a handy recorder for recording band rehearsals, random things outdoors, and whatnot. I think it only delivers 2 channels of USB audio to an IOS device, when used as an audio interface. For me this is not a problem, because realistically, I'm more likely to use it as a standalone recorder and later export its tracks (up to 6) to Ableton.

it actually gives 6 channels of audio even on IOS.
    with the input addon it basically turns the zoom into a 6 input battery powered interface for Ios.

Hrmm. I can never get mine to work. It only ever shows up in AUM with 2 Channels. What’s the secret to get the 6 Channels to show up on iOS?

you need to set it to multichannel in the settings of the h6. the video i posted shows how to do it.

• Yeah. I’ve done that. It just never shows up in AUM beyond 2 Channels.

I’ll try again. Cheers

• @slicetwo said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    TC helicon Blender maybe.

It only transmits 2x2 via USB. Bummer.

Yeah, it’s more than 2x2. It’s actually 12 inputs though its set up as 6 1/8” TRS inputs. So, its designed to work as stereo inputs, but you can use a splitter. I use one it’s pretty handy. It could be better but it’s good for little things like Volca and Novation Circuit, etc.

Sound quality is pretty good, though not top of the line I’d imagine.

The outputs are really just stereo, however you can customize the live input monitoring on each of the outputs using the app. Not something I find useful, but the product is designed for live jamming with multiple people.