Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which board games do you play?

Comments

• I guess it’s not a board game but Magic: The Gathering is what I’ll usually play.

• These are the games we brought with us on our most recent camping trip 🏕

• Cluedo is my one and only love for a board game. I’m really a Magic The Gathering player. 🤓

• My missus and I love playing 2-player game Jaipur.

We have the physical version, but often just play a few quick rounds via our phones when the evening TV is boring.

I get beat about 66% of the time.

It's a brilliant balance between luck and skill, with trading (and camel) tactics that can get quite advanced but never too mentally taxing or one-sided.

before Jaipur we were addicted to Patchwork. Another perfect 2-player game with a decent phone/tablet version available.

• One that we used to play when the kids were younger was Labyrinth, with a board that shifts each turn and changes the path to your destination.

We progressed on to another terrain shifting game called Forbidden Island, which is a collaborative game where you work as a team to beat the game mechanics and complete the objective before the island sinks.

Nowadays we like rule morphing games like Fluxx, which is actually a card game rather than a board game, where the game rules and win conditions can change every turn.

There are many variants of Fluxx, including a board game, but I’ve never played it.

I designed a few games myself. This is a galactic conquest game where you can gain tech and racial abilities by forming alliances with star systems that you keep a fleet (counter) in. These help with movement, attack, defence and intelligence. Encounters between fleets are played out on the combat board and the losing fleet removed from the main board.

It had its flaws, but was fun once it got going.

• 👍Labyrinth is indeed a great family game. I must check out Forbidden Island - never heard of it till your post 😃

• There are some really good ones on here. I am loving Wingspan, Dominion, Agricola, and Everdell lately.

• Wow so many of these look awesome. I need to find new friends who are open to this stuff. This is the kind of bummer that comes from not having kids.

• edited July 2022

Lords of Waterdeep, always play the long game with both expansions.

Simple to learn for beginners but a fantastically twisty worker placement strategy for 2 to 4 once you get into it. ( it can play more, but I wouldn’t. 2 to 4 is the sweet spot.) Cross between a Euro and an Ameritrash. Set in the D&D universe but don’t let that put you off. Endlessly entertaining. The only thing that could be better would be if someone reskinned it as a Lovecraft game. (Of which I have many, obvs.) Excellent IPad version available too. Play it on a real board most Sunday eves with two friends.

The iPad Elder Sign (Cthulhu dice game set in Arkham Museum) is pretty good/hard too… Or the physical one ( I have both):

And another fave is the Cthulhu Mythos-set Evil High Priest, where you get to play as rival… you guessed it, evil high priests, competing to bring back a Great Old One. Fab! Or should I say:

Io Io Cthulhu f’tang!

• In the last 6 months I played Nemesis, Betrayal at Baldur's Gate, Pandemic (yes, really), the Pokemon trading card game (my kids are into this) and a bunch of Magic the Gathering.

• I was lucky enough to grab the new edition of Heroquest (Mystic edition).

Also a big zombie and horror fan. Zombicide 2nd edition, Final girl and Z-war one are my favs!

• edited July 2022

@Thelast27: if you like zombies & dice chucking, this is currently a brilliant bargain @ just £10 (!) from Amazon. Good fun!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Asmodee-Hit-Z-Road-Game/dp/B01EZUCJ54/ref=asc_df_B01EZUCJ54/

Terrible name, great game. (The conceit is that a survivor of the zombpocalyse has repurposed a cheesy 60s game to document his own coast to coast hell ride. ) Easy to pick up, plays fast, and more depth to it than you at first think, by respected game designer Martin Wallace. At that price, it’s a steal. My gaming group use it as a palette cleanser after the main action of the night.

• Greasy Nude Bingo

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Greasy Nude Bingo

Twister then? :smile:

Lanterns is a family favourite. Conspiracy: Abyss Universe. King Domino plus Age of Giants expansion. All good fun.

• @Krupa said:
    I can’t explain why, but I’m getting urges to play Azul, I don’t have a copy and I really need to not buy any more games 🥴

There is a good version of Azul over on Board Game Arena: :)

https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=azul

• Best boardgame (ihmo): Torres

Greetz Chris

• @Vip8888 said:

@Krupa said:
    I can’t explain why, but I’m getting urges to play Azul, I don’t have a copy and I really need to not buy any more games 🥴

There is a good version of Azul over on Board Game Arena: :)

https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=azul

Cheers, via much play there I ended up with a physical copy, and even played it multiple times with my partner who will normally never play games, but this one appeals to her as much for its aesthetic appeal as its simple rules 😁

• We just got this - absolutely fantastic family game - well worth checking out.

• edited August 2022

@robosardine said:
    We just got this - absolutely fantastic family game - well worth checking out.

This looks perfect!!!!!! Gonna get it for Christmas thanks!

• edited August 2022

Duplicate.

• Backgammon

• @FunnyBuffy said:
    Board games are an awesome way to keep entertained, especially during lockdown. I totally get the excitement about adding new games to your collection. Hive is fantastic, and those pieces are so tactile; it's hard to resist fiddling with them even when it's not your turn!

Hive quickly became a favourite between my wife and I!

• Wait is this a bot resurrecting my post about Hive? Weird

• edited October 2023

Chess is the king.

after that I like -

Sherlock Holmes consulting Detective
    Chronicles of crime series
    Escape tales
    Code names duet
    Fox in the Forrest
    concept ....... and a ton more board games

now is the time of board games!

• Board game thread? I didn't know it existed on the forum. 🤩

• Space Empires 4X
    • Mage Knight
    • Race for the Galaxy
    • Terraforming Mars
    • The Bloody Inn
    • Spirit Island
    • Eclipse
    • Coup
    • Puerto Rico
    • In the Year of the Dragon
    • The Castles of Burgundy
    • San Juan
    • DungeonQuest
    • Robinson Crusoe
    • Ghost Stories

…and many, many more! 🫣

• edited October 2023

My wife and I have been playing Wingspan every day for years and don't plan to ever stop. Sometimes I wish we kept track of our wins/losses when she starts to talk trash, but I'm fairly certain it's a pretty even rivalry, despite her outlandish claims.

• @Luxthor said:
    Board game thread? I didn't know it existed on the forum. 🤩

• Space Empires 4X
    • Mage Knight
    • Race for the Galaxy
    • Terraforming Mars
    • The Bloody Inn
    • Spirit Island
    • Eclipse
    • Coup
    • Puerto Rico
    • In the Year of the Dragon
    • The Castles of Burgundy
    • San Juan
    • DungeonQuest
    • Robinson Crusoe
    • Ghost Stories

…and many, many more! 🫣

Woah. Screenshotting this to research further later 🤩

• @HotStrange said:
    Woah. Screenshotting this to research further later 🤩

If you ever played Master of Orion, Space Empires is the closest thing you can find in board games. But be warned, many of those on the list are heavy games, they need lots of time and involvement. If you like noir crime stories, try The Bloody Inn. It's a fantastic game, light on time (40 minutes per game).

• @Danny_Mammy said:
    Chess is the king.

after that I like -

Sherlock Holmes consulting Detective
    Chronicles of crime series
    Escape tales
    Code names duet
    Fox in the Forrest
    concept ....... and a ton more board games

now is the time of board games!

Chess is so big that I consider it a sport more than a board game. ;)

I see, you are all in for deduction games. Nice! 😅

• @bluegroove said:
    My wife and I have been playing Wingspan every day for years and don't plan to ever stop. Sometimes I wish we kept track of our wins/losses when she starts to talk trash, but I'm fairly certain it's a pretty even rivalry, despite her outlandish claims.

Quite impressive! 🤩 I thought that Wingspan was a cheerful and pacifistic game, haha! I don’t have this game, but it is on my wishlist with all expansions. I love birds.