Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom 2 assistance please!

Forgive the probably stupid question but I was hoping someone could help me out a little with Atom 2.

Basically, what I want to do is program a pattern into pattern 1, have that play (say) 4 times over and then automatically start playing pattern 2.

Is this possible to do? And if so, how?!

Comments

• Use another instance of Atom 2 to do the pattern changes...
    ...this is fairly straight forward since Atom 2 can use midi notes to change patterns.

• edited June 2021

No dumb questions. Yup what @Samu said. Also check YouTube and search this forum for threads that break it down better. There are over a dozen threads in this forum on Atom 2, with some good info inside.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    No dumb questions. Yup what @Samu said. Also check YouTube and search this forum for threads that break it down better. There are over a dozen threads in this forum on Atom 2, with some good info inside.

Thanks. I did search here but finding something specific is like finding a needle in a haystack when it comes to Atom2 posts!

@Samu said:
    Use another instance of Atom 2 to do the pattern changes...
    ...this is fairly straight forward since Atom 2 can use midi notes to change patterns.

I’ll try it out. Cheers

• @FesteringMike said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Thanks. I did search here but finding something specific is like finding a needle in a haystack when it comes to Atom2 posts!

@Samu said:
    Use another instance of Atom 2 to do the pattern changes...

I’ll try it out. Cheers

Look for posts from @tk32 since he has been working with @blueveek to help out with customer relations/troubleshooting/etc…

• edited June 2021

Thanks for the nudge @Poppadocrock

@FesteringMike try having a look at this simple AUM project on patch storage that shows how you can use one Atom2 to control others.

https://patchstorage.com/atom2-internal-sequencer-template/

Switching patterns works in a similar way, but i am happy to give a more detailed step-by-step if that would help

• @FesteringMike here’s a quick video showing how to switch atom patterns using notes sent in by another atom.

• @tk32 said:
    Thanks for the nudge @Poppadocrock

@FesteringMike try having a look at this simple AUM project on patch storage that shows how you can use one Atom2 to control others.

https://patchstorage.com/atom2-internal-sequencer-template/

Switching patterns works in a similar way, but i am happy to give a more detailed step-by-step if that would help

I’ll have a look at it tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for your help.

• @tk32 No worries. You’ve been doing an amazing job helping everyone in this forum with Atom 2. Thank you!

• edited August 2021

Does any one know if there is a way to make Atom respect Trigger/Release beat when switching patterns ?
    What ever I try the pattern always switches immediately on triggering. I've tried triggering with note,cc and pc. Nothing works.

The manual states that:

The bottom of the Patterns panel is where you can configure the conditions under which Atom2 will automatically advance through, or switch directly to, different patterns in the stack.

I'm asuming "advance though" means switching according to trigger/release beat.

So it clearly should be possible, without the use of hacks like launching via another Atom instance or Drambi, LK etc ?

• xorxor
    edited August 2021

@kjetilge Sadly, no. Pattern switching is instantaneous. Key word in the help is “directly.”